Re: WIN32_DEV CVS branch

From
Jochem van Dieten
Date:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> We are no longer using the WIN32_DEV CVS branch.  We are doing all Win32
> work in HEAD now.  I have already moved any WIN32_DEV changes up into
> HEAD. I have updated the Win32 web page to indicate this:
>
>     http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html
>
> Marc, would you remove the nightly generation of the win32 tarballs?

Does that mean we should now be able to compile the dev tarballs
using the instructions on the Win32 web page (to the same extend
as we could compile the win32 tarballs)?

Jochem

--
You have the right
to remain silent

Re: WIN32_DEV CVS branch

Date:
Jochem van Dieten wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > We are no longer using the WIN32_DEV CVS branch.  We are doing all Win32
> > work in HEAD now.  I have already moved any WIN32_DEV changes up into
> > HEAD. I have updated the Win32 web page to indicate this:
> >
> >     http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/win32.html
> >
> > Marc, would you remove the nightly generation of the win32 tarballs?
>
> Does that mean we should now be able to compile the dev tarballs
> using the instructions on the Win32 web page (to the same extend
> as we could compile the win32 tarballs)?

Yes, it will work just fine.  In fact, there are more fixes in HEAD than
there are in the win32 branch now because I wanted all client apps to
compile under MinGW/Win32 and we had more testers for the 7.4 beta.