Hi guys,

I'm confused about the this function, CheckForSerializableConflictOut(...). Can anyone help me out?

It seems like this function is used to check the rw-antidependencies out edge. This should be done when reading a written tuple. But btree does not call this function at all. The heapam used predicatelockpage(...)...

I use to think the in and out edge should be built when rw-antidependencies detected. CheckForSerializableConflictIn(...) can do this job. So CheckForSerializableConflictOut(...) function really confused me.

Best Wishes!
---
Dong

I'm confused about the this function, CheckForSerializableConflictOut(...). Can anyone help me out?

It seems like this function is used to check the rw-antidependencies out edge. This should be done when reading a written tuple. But btree does not call this function at all. The heapam used predicatelockpage(...)...

I use to think the in and out edge should be built when rw-antidependencies detected. CheckForSerializableConflictIn(...) can do this job. So CheckForSerializableConflictOut(...) function really confused me.

This mailing list isn't the best place for your question. Please send it to pgsql-hackers instead.

Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL