PostgreSQL NLS for Hebrew

From
Michael Goldberg
Date:
Hello,

I'd like to initiate the translation project to Hebrew (he) to enable PostgreSQL NLS in Israel.
Could you please suggest if I have to submit PO file to https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgtranslation/ or send it here after completion.
Is there any preference for specific program in 9.6 branch to start with?

My community user is mic.goldberg.

Thank you,
Michael Goldberg

Re: PostgreSQL NLS for Hebrew

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 5/2/17 14:37, Michael Goldberg wrote:
> I'd like to initiate the translation project to Hebrew (he) to enable
> PostgreSQL NLS in Israel.
> Could you please suggest if I have to submit PO file
> to https://redmine.postgresql.org/projects/pgtranslation/ or send it
> here after completion.
> Is there any preference for specific program in 9.6 branch to start with?

Welcome!

I suggest you start with the master branch.  We usually don't add new
languages to existing releases.

To start, pick something widely used such as pgscripts or psql.

Submit the files to redmine please.

10beta1 is scheduled in about 2 weeks, so perhaps you could have
something ready for that.  I' curious if we handle the right-to-left
direction properly.

Re: PostgreSQL NLS for Hebrew

From
Michael Goldberg
Date:
Hi Peter,

I submitted pgscripts translation. Link to issue in redmine: https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/2375

Submit the files to redmine please.

10beta1 is scheduled in about 2 weeks, so perhaps you could have
something ready for that.  I' curious if we handle the right-to-left
direction properly.

I tested on Debian 8 installed with Hebrew locale. Added "he" to nls.nk file.
Worked as expected in mlterm.

--
Peter Eisentraut              http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: PostgreSQL NLS for Hebrew

From
Michael Goldberg
Date:
Hi Peter,

I suggest you start with the master branch.  We usually don't add new
languages to existing releases.

To start, pick something widely used such as pgscripts or psql.

Both files (pgscripts and psql) are completed.
What can you suggest to continue with?

Submit the files to redmine please.

Submitted

10beta1 is scheduled in about 2 weeks, so perhaps you could have
something ready for that.  I' curious if we handle the right-to-left
direction properly.

Tested in mlterm in Debian with Hebrew support.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: PostgreSQL NLS for Hebrew

From
Euler Taveira
Date:

Both files (pgscripts and psql) are completed.
What can you suggest to continue with?

libpq, pg_dump, initdb, pg_ctl, and pg_basebackup are all widely used. After that I suggest that you focus on backend translation.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/

Re: PostgreSQL NLS for Hebrew

From
Michael Goldberg

libpq, pg_dump, initdb, pg_ctl, and pg_basebackup are all widely used. After that I suggest that you focus on backend translation.

I submitted the translations for all those files.
Could you please guide me what should be done for backend translation to be started.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: PostgreSQL NLS for Hebrew

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Michael Goldberg wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 9:33 PM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br> wrote:
> >
> > libpq, pg_dump, initdb, pg_ctl, and pg_basebackup are all widely used.
> > After that I suggest that you focus on backend translation.
>
> I submitted the translations for all those files.
> Could you please guide me what should be done for backend translation to be
> started.

It just means to translate postgres.po, which is a large file.

Re: PostgreSQL NLS for Hebrew

From
Michael Goldberg
Date:
It just means to translate postgres.po, which is a large file.

Thank you, Alvaro. I'll do it.