[DOCS] Add JSON to the list of acronyms in the documentation's appendix

From
torsten.grust@gmail.com
Date:

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/acronyms.html

Hello all,

I propose to add 'JSON' (for JavaScript Object Notation, http://json.org) to
the list of acronyms in the documentation's appendix
(https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/10/acronyms.html/).

Best wishes, —Torsten

Re: [DOCS] Add JSON to the list of acronyms in the documentation'sappendix

> the list of acronyms in the documentation's appendix
> (https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/10/acronyms.html/).

Good idea.  Patch applied --- it will appear in PG 11.

Re: [DOCS] Add JSON to the list of acronyms in the documentation's appendix

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:22 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 08:18:49PM +0000, torsten.grust@gmail.com wrote:
>> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/acronyms.html
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I propose to add 'JSON' (for JavaScript Object Notation, http://json.org) to
>> the list of acronyms in the documentation's appendix
>> (https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/10/acronyms.html/).
>
> Good idea.  Patch applied --- it will appear in PG 11.

Then, why not add JSONB !

Date:
On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 08:13:28PM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 7:22 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 08:18:49PM +0000, torsten.grust@gmail.com wrote:
> >> The following documentation comment has been logged on the website:
> >>
> >> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/acronyms.html
> >>
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> I propose to add 'JSON' (for JavaScript Object Notation, http://json.org) to
> >> the list of acronyms in the documentation's appendix
> >> (https://www.postgresql.org/account/comments/new/10/acronyms.html/).
> >
> > Good idea.  Patch applied --- it will appear in PG 11.
>
> Then, why not add JSONB !

Uh, most of those acronyms are for _externally_ defined terms.