No commit nor Rollback button

From
legrand legrand
Date:
Hello,

Most of RDBMS users don't want to use autocommit mode expecting to have a
change to Rollback in case of problem.

Most of database GUI have Commit/ Rollback buttons (greyed in autocommit
mode, enabled in non autocommit mode).

Is there a chance to see thoses buttons (using preferences or other) ?

Regards
PAscal

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: No commit nor Rollback button

From
Melvin Davidson
Date:
Please note, I am not PgAdmin4 support.

However, it seems to me that what you want is handled in
File
  Preferences
    SQL Editor
            Auto commit?    True/False
            Auto rollback?  True/False

Melvin Davidson 🎸
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

Most of RDBMS users don't want to use autocommit mode expecting to have a
change to Rollback in case of problem.

Most of database GUI have Commit/ Rollback buttons (greyed in autocommit
mode, enabled in non autocommit mode).

Is there a chance to see thoses buttons (using preferences or other) ?

Regards
PAscal

--

Re: No commit nor Rollback button

From
dangal
Date:
I think like you, you should have two buttons, commit and rollback

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: No commit nor Rollback button

From
Dave Page

Most of RDBMS users don't want to use autocommit mode expecting to have a
change to Rollback in case of problem.

Most of database GUI have Commit/ Rollback buttons (greyed in autocommit
mode, enabled in non autocommit mode).

pgAdmin hasn't had commit/rollback buttons in nearly 20 years, and there have been very few requests to add them in that time. Would the extra space on the button bar really be worth it for most users given so few have ever asked for it?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: No commit nor Rollback button

From
dangal
Date:
for me it would be necessary, if possible
thanks a lot

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: No commit nor Rollback button

From
legrand legrand
Date:
Maybe after 20 years,
it is time to switch tool default from autocommit to commit/rollback ...

to have a chance to be compared with Oracle SQL developer or others

PAscal
SQLeo projet manager

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html

Re: No commit nor Rollback button

From
Melvin Davidson
Date:
You don't need buttons.

Just go to
File
  Preferences
    SQL Editor

and change Auto commit?   to False
       and Auto rollback? to False

Or whatever you prefer.
That is what those options are for!

Or learn how to use a TRANSACTION in PostgreSQL.
IE:
BEGIN;

Melvin Davidson 🎸
www.youtube.com/unusedhero/videos
Folk Alley - All Folk - 24 Hours a day
www.folkalley.com

it is time to switch tool default from autocommit to commit/rollback ...

to have a chance to be compared with Oracle SQL developer or others

PAscal
SQLeo projet manager

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-pgadmin-support-f2191615.html