copying to clipboard includes invisible characters

From
Jan Mahle
Date:
Hi,

I've encountered an odd bug in pgAdmin 4 (tested on 1.6 and 2.0) on MacOS (in my case Sierra 10.12.6):
when copying something to clipboard from a field in a table it begins with a char that isn't printed in most editors
(includingthe popup when double-clicking the cell in the table to copy the string from). Neither in Notepad++ (with
"showall characters" enabled), Sublime nor Intellij IDEA. In vim it shows up as <feff> and on the regular bash shell as
aspace - apparently it doesn't appear to happen on Windows and I just accidently shot several of my configs when I
copy/pastedto a config of some java app that tried to open a connection to an OpenFire chatserver (in the logs of
OpenFirei showed up during login as "???username“ rather than just "username“ )..

I’m guessing this is related to some encoding since googling suggested <feff> is a BOM (byte-order mark) - i’m not sure
thisis intended behavior but i may be wrong.

Greetings,

Jan

Re: copying to clipboard includes invisible characters

From
Murtuza Zabuawala
Date:
Looks like Qt WebEngine(runtime) issue.
I suspect that Qt WebEngine is triggering native copy behavior instead of CodeMirror's copy handler.