[pgsql-pkg-yum] Problem with PostgreSQL 10 Repo RPM on Oracle Linux 6

From
Jason Petersen
Date:
Looks like something is wrong with the PGDG repo RPM for PostgreSQL 10 on Oracle Linux 6…

But something is wrong with the URL that gets configured. Subsequent yum commands error out:

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: pgdg10. Please verify its path and try again

Comparing https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/ to https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/, it appears the problem is the lack of the four rhel-6(Server|Workstation)-(i386|x86_64) folders.

Is this intended? I assume not, but am unfamiliar with why/when releasever is 6Server rather than 6 or 6.9 or something…

--
Jason Petersen
Software Engineer | Citus Data

Re: [pgsql-pkg-yum] Problem with PostgreSQL 10 Repo RPM on OracleLinux 6

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi Jason,

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 14:26 -0600, Jason Petersen wrote:
> Looks like something is wrong with the PGDG repo RPM for PostgreSQL 10 on
> Oracle Linux 6…
>
> This works fine: yum install -y https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum
> /10/redhat/rhel-6-x86_64/pgdg-oraclelinux10-10-2.noarch.rpm
>
> But something is wrong with the URL that gets configured. Subsequent yum
> commands error out:
>
> https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-6Server-x86_64/r
> epodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The requested URL returned
> error: 404 Not Found"
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> pgdg10. Please verify its path and try again
>
> Comparing https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/ <https://
> download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/> to https://download.postgr
> esql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/ <https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/
> yum/10/redhat/>, it appears the problem is the lack of the four rhel-
> 6(Server|Workstation)-(i386|x86_64) folders.
>
> Is this intended? I assume not, but am unfamiliar with why/when releasever is
> 6Server rather than 6 or 6.9 or something…

Thanks for the report and analysis. I created the symlinks. They will appear in
master repo in next 25 mins.

Regards,
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer