pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Dave Page
Date:
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 2.0, the most popular graphical administration and management tool for the PostgreSQL database.

This release of pgAdmin 4 includes over 70 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes at https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/dev/release_notes_2_0.html.

Notable changes in this release include:

* PostgreSQL and EDB Advanced Server 10 support, including table partitioning
* An updated icon set and embedded fonts for consistent look and feel on all platforms
* Significant speed enhancements, particularly at startup time
* Out-of-the-box ability to run in either server or desktop mode with no additional configuration changes required
* Support for SSL certificate based authentication
* Detailed display of server status info on the dashboards, with options to cancel queries and terminate sessions

For more information, please see the website: https://www.pgadmin.org/

Download your copy from: https://www.pgadmin.org/download/

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Derek Ealy
Date:
Hi Guys

I just installed PGAdmin 4 v2.0 and everything that I had previously saved via v1.6 was gone. It forced me to create a new user. There were no connections, and none of my queries were available either. This was all done on my local dev machine.

We also have v1.6 running on our servers under Apache. Those installations have other users. Is there a way to make sure that those things aren't lost when upgrading the pip version of PGAdmin4 on my server instances?

Thanks, Derek

[...]

Sr. Software Architect

NovaWurks, Inc.
10772 Noel Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
F: 877.353.7537

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, is company confidential information proprietary to NovaWurks Corporation or its customers and may be confidential, legally privileged, and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading or saving. Thank you.

RE: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Mike Surcouf

Will this be in the postgres 9.6 repo soon?

BTW installed the windows desktop version.  Definitely quicker but still 20 secs start up so I think I’ll be sticking  to server version.

Love the install once run anywhere of the server version.

You definitely made the right decision going webapp.

Thanks to all for the hard work on this.

[...]

Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 16:26 +0000, Mike Surcouf wrote:
> Will this be in the postgres 9.6 repo soon?

It is available in RHEL 7, F-25 and F-26 repos.

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 16:26 +0000, Mike Surcouf wrote:
> Will this be in the postgres 9.6 repo soon?

It is available in RHEL 7, F-25 and F-26 repos.

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Brent Wood
Date:
Is there a package for Ubuntu? I have found some instructions online for installing it with dependencies, but you just about need to be a python developer to follow them, and I'm not one.

I'm still using v3 because that is all that is available in the Ubuntu GIS repo for Trusty...

Thanks,

Brent Wood

Date:
Is there a package for Ubuntu? I have found some instructions online for installing it with dependencies, but you just about need to be a python developer to follow them, and I'm not one.

I'm still using v3 because that is all that is available in the Ubuntu GIS repo for Trusty...

Thanks,

Brent Wood

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 16:26 +0000, Mike Surcouf wrote:
> Will this be in the postgres 9.6 repo soon?

It is available in RHEL 7, F-25 and F-26 repos.

Devrim Gündüz

EnterpriseDB:
https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Murtuza Zabuawala
Date:
Hi,

In old pgAdmin4 installation, server definitions and other configurations are stored in given file,

Linux/Mac:
~/.pgadmin/pgadmin4.db

Windows:
C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\pgAdmin\pgadmin4.db

Make a copy of this file and paste it as per new installation location which is same as above if you haven't overridden it in config_local.py.

Note: With pgAdmin4 v2.0, In Server/Web mode default location will be '/var/lib/pgadmin'

[...]

Neil Walker
Date:
Does it fix the bug where you cannot execute a query or return data due to just getting a spinning progress bar when you try?

Date:
[...]

Date:
Have you reported the issue & could you provide us a ticket number for the same, so that we can verify.

Date:
[...]

Not yet, though I believe the Postgres APT team are working on it.

I'm still using v3 because that is all that is available in the Ubuntu GIS repo for Trusty...

Thanks,

Brent Wood

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 16:26 +0000, Mike Surcouf wrote:
> Will this be in the postgres 9.6 repo soon?

It is available in RHEL 7, F-25 and F-26 repos.

Devrim Gündüz

EnterpriseDB:
https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Dave Page

Is there a package for Ubuntu? I have found some instructions online for installing it with dependencies, but you just about need to be a python developer to follow them, and I'm not one.

Not yet, though I believe the Postgres APT team are working on it.

I'm still using v3 because that is all that is available in the Ubuntu GIS repo for Trusty...

Thanks,

Brent Wood

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 16:26 +0000, Mike Surcouf wrote:
> Will this be in the postgres 9.6 repo soon?

It is available in RHEL 7, F-25 and F-26 repos.

Devrim Gündüz

EnterpriseDB:
https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Dave Page

Will this be in the postgres 9.6 repo soon?

BTW installed the windows desktop version.  Definitely quicker but still 20 secs start up so I think I’ll be sticking  to server version.

Hmm, I get 10 seconds on a Windows 10 virtual machine, with 2GB RAM and access to 2 CPU cores.

What are you running on?

Love the install once run anywhere of the server version.

You definitely made the right decision going webapp.

Thanks to all for the hard work on this.

Thanks, you're welcome!

[...]

Intel Core2 6400 2.13Ghz 6 GB ram windows 7

[...]

Date:
I did, via this mailing group. I got a number of replies all people saying they had the same issue and nobody had an answer.

Date:
[...]

Date:
Please report a bug on official bug tracking system,

Date:
[...]

Date:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64

Showing rc2
I have done a yum clean all

Date:
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64

Showing rc2
I have done a yum clean all

On Thu, 2017-10-05 at 16:26 +0000, Mike Surcouf wrote:
> Will this be in the postgres 9.6 repo soon?

It is available in RHEL 7, F-25 and F-26 repos.

Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

RE: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Mike Surcouf

BTW

Server version 2-3 second start-up in browser

[...]

Date:
Hi,

Sorry, I saw the problem now. The packages will appear in next 25 mins.

Regards, Devrim

On 6 October 2017 09:36:44 BST, Mike Surcouf <mikes@surcouf.co.uk> wrote:
>https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64
>
>Showing rc2
>I have done a yum clean all

RE: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

Sorry, I saw the problem now. The packages will appear in next 25 mins.

Regards, Devrim

On 6 October 2017 09:36:44 BST, Mike Surcouf <mikes@surcouf.co.uk> wrote:
>https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64
>
>Showing rc2
>I have done a yum clean all

Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 06/10/17 08:36, Dave Page wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 5:26 AM, Brent Wood <pcreso@yahoo.com
> <mailto:pcreso@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Is there a package for Ubuntu? I have found some instructions online
>     for installing it with dependencies, but you just about need to be a
>     python developer to follow them, and I'm not one.
>

> Not yet, though I believe the Postgres APT team are working on it.

Brilliant - delighted to hear it - I too made a few attempts to install
it (Debian), and failed dismally as I'm not a Python person. Looking
forward to it!

Thanks for all the hard work,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 06/10/17 08:36, Dave Page wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 5:26 AM, Brent Wood <pcreso@yahoo.com
> <mailto:pcreso@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
>     Is there a package for Ubuntu? I have found some instructions online
>     for installing it with dependencies, but you just about need to be a
>     python developer to follow them, and I'm not one.
>

> Not yet, though I believe the Postgres APT team are working on it.

Brilliant - delighted to hear it - I too made a few attempts to install
it (Debian), and failed dismally as I'm not a Python person. Looking
forward to it!

Thanks for all the hard work,

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

RE: pgAdmin 4 v2.0 Released!

From
Mike Surcouf
Sorry, I saw the problem now. The packages will appear in next 25 mins.

Regards, Devrim

On 6 October 2017 09:36:44 BST, Mike Surcouf <mikes@surcouf.co.uk> wrote:
>https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.6/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64
>
>Showing rc2
>I have done a yum clean all

"Silvera, Ignacio"
Date:
I also was waiting for an APT installer. The python way is hard and weird too! The big issue with the python way is for example when you need to take a backup, pgadmin4 stores it in the weird location that is running the virtual environment on Ubuntu. So you cannot personalize it or something.

There are some news about that?

Thanks!