[NOVICE] dblink extension to Oracle is it passable

From
Garry Chen

Hi All,

                Is dblink extension can connect to an Oracle instance?  My stapes as following.

  1. Create extension dblink
  2. CREATE SERVER myserviec FOREIGN DATA WRAPPER dblink_fdw OPTIONS (host 'hostname', dbname 'dbname', port '1521');
  3. CREATE USER MAPPING FOR dmtools SERVER myservice OPTIONS (user 'gc92', password 'mypasswd');
  4. SELECT dblink_connect('mydbink,'myservice');

Got follow error message:

ERROR:  could not establish connection

DETAIL:  server closed the connection unexpectedly

        before or while processing the request.

Thank you very much,

Garry

Re: [NOVICE] dblink extension to Oracle is it passable

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
                Is dblink extension can connect to an Oracle instance?  My stapes as following.

​From the docs:

"​dblink is a module that supports connections to other PostgreSQL databases from within a database session."

You should investigate "Foreign Data Wrappers" (fdw) for connecting to non-PostgreSQL files/systems.

David J.

Re: [NOVICE] dblink extension to Oracle is it passable

From
legrand legrand
Date:
Oracle_fdw may help