[pgsql-advocacy] SVG graphics

From
Jim Nasby
Date:
https://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda/ has only low-res images
available. It refers to http://pgfoundry.org/projects/graphics/, which
appears to be defunct.

I'm assuming that there are SVG images available somewhere. It'd be good
if the site linked to them.

BTW, it would also be nice if there were images available under the PG
license. I became aware of this issue due to a client wanting to use the
logo, but they wouldn't be able to use anything that required attribution.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] SVG graphics

From
Andreas Karlsson
Date:
On 09/01/2017 11:20 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> https://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda/ has only low-res images
> available.

It looks like there are vector graphics version available if you have a
login at
http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000089&view=listfile&dirid=101
but I do not have any account at pgfoundry.

Additionally a couple of those logos are available as SVGs in the wiki.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo

Andreas

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] SVG graphics

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 09/01/2017 09:17 PM, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> On 09/01/2017 11:20 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> https://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda/ has only low-res
>> images available.
>
> It looks like there are vector graphics version available if you have a
> login at
> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000089&view=listfile&dirid=101
> but I do not have any account at pgfoundry.
>
> Additionally a couple of those logos are available as SVGs in the wiki.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo

What's the best place for me to dump graphics, again?  I have a bunch of
stuff, some of which others might not have.  git.postgresql.org?

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] SVG graphics

From
Marcin Cieslak
Date:
On Sat, 2 Sep 2017, Josh Berkus wrote:

> On 09/01/2017 09:17 PM, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> > On 09/01/2017 11:20 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> >> https://www.postgresql.org/community/propaganda/ has only low-res
> >> images available.
> >
> > It looks like there are vector graphics version available if you have a
> > login at
> > http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000089&view=listfile&dirid=101
> > but I do not have any account at pgfoundry.
> >
> > Additionally a couple of those logos are available as SVGs in the wiki.
> >
> > https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo
> >

> What's the best place for me to dump graphics, again?  I have a bunch of
> stuff, some of which others might not have.  git.postgresql.org?

MediaWiki has a decent SVG support (can produce PNGs of different sizes
on demand using rsvg).

The downside: getting edit access is almost impossible (asked during PgConf.EU 2016
and still waiting .... https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers/Saper )

Marcin

Attachment

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] SVG graphics

From
Andreas Karlsson
Date:
On 09/02/2017 09:46 PM, Marcin Cieslak wrote:> The downside: getting
edit access is almost impossible (asked during PgConf.EU 2016
> and still waiting .... https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers/Saper )

I got it quickly by asking in the IRC channel, but it is certainly a
hurdle for contributing.

Andreas

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] SVG graphics

From
Daniel Gustafsson
Date:
> On 02 Sep 2017, at 21:46, Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 2 Sep 2017, Josh Berkus wrote:

>>> It looks like there are vector graphics version available if you have a
>>> login at
>>> http://pgfoundry.org/docman/?group_id=1000089&view=listfile&dirid=101
>>> but I do not have any account at pgfoundry.
>>>
>>> Additionally a couple of those logos are available as SVGs in the wiki.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo
>>>

>> What's the best place for me to dump graphics, again?  I have a bunch of
>> stuff, some of which others might not have.  git.postgresql.org?
>
> MediaWiki has a decent SVG support (can produce PNGs of different sizes
> on demand using rsvg).
>
> The downside: getting edit access is almost impossible (asked during PgConf.EU 2016
> and still waiting .... https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers/Saper )

Sending a request to -www (copied on this email) usually sorts that out
quickly, but sometimes requests are missed.  While not an ideal process,
leaving it wide open for spambots is less than ideal as well.

cheers ./daniel

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] SVG graphics

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
* Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
> > On 02 Sep 2017, at 21:46, Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info> wrote:
> > The downside: getting edit access is almost impossible (asked during PgConf.EU 2016
> > and still waiting .... https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:ListUsers/Saper )
>
> Sending a request to -www (copied on this email) usually sorts that out
> quickly, but sometimes requests are missed.  While not an ideal process,
> leaving it wide open for spambots is less than ideal as well.

Indeed.  Along with doing what's asked here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WikiEditing

Following up if a request is missed is definitely helpful.

I've made Saper an editor.

Thanks!

Stephen