[ODBC] HY0000 on SQLDescribeParam

From
Igor Korot
Date:
Hi, ALL,
I'm getting an error calling SQLDescribeParam() on PostgreSQL 9.4.

The message obtained by SQLGetDiagRec() reads:

[quote]
Unfortunately couldn't get this parameter info.
[/quote]

I'm on OSX 10.8 using iODBC DM.
The PostgreSQL ODBC driver is not the current one (at least I don't think so).

This same call succeeded with MS SQL Server.

Does anybody have an idea of how to work around this?

Re: [ODBC] HY0000 on SQLDescribeParam

From
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Date:
Hi Igor,

On 2017/07/30 14:01, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi, ALL,
> I'm getting an error calling SQLDescribeParam() on PostgreSQL 9.4.
>
> The message obtained by SQLGetDiagRec() reads:
>
> [quote]
> Unfortunately couldn't get this parameter info.
> [/quote]
>
> I'm on OSX 10.8 using iODBC DM.
> The PostgreSQL ODBC driver is not the current one (at least I don't think so).
>
> This same call succeeded with MS SQL Server.
>
> Does anybody have an idea of how to work around this?

Could try to turn on the UseServerSidePrepare option?
i.e set
  UseServerSidePrepare = 1
to your odbc.ini file.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: [ODBC] HY0000 on SQLDescribeParam

From
Igor Korot
Date:
Hi, Hiroshi,

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Inoue, Hiroshi
<h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi Igor,
>

> On 2017/07/30 14:01, Igor Korot wrote:
>>
>> Hi, ALL,
>> I'm getting an error calling SQLDescribeParam() on PostgreSQL 9.4.
>>
>> The message obtained by SQLGetDiagRec() reads:
>>
>> [quote]
>> Unfortunately couldn't get this parameter info.
>> [/quote]
>>
>> I'm on OSX 10.8 using iODBC DM.
>> The PostgreSQL ODBC driver is not the current one (at least I don't think
>> so).
>>
>> This same call succeeded with MS SQL Server.
>>
>> Does anybody have an idea of how to work around this?
>

> Could try to turn on the UseServerSidePrepare option?
> i.e set
>  UseServerSidePrepare = 1
> to your odbc.ini file.

Yes, that worked.
No more errors.

Thank you.

Now, shouldn't it be the default when installing the driver?
Or this option should come from the DM?

> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue

Re: [ODBC] HY0000 on SQLDescribeParam

From
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Date:
Hi Igor,

On 2017/07/30 22:11, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi, Hiroshi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Inoue, Hiroshi
> <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
>> Hi Igor,
>>

>> On 2017/07/30 14:01, Igor Korot wrote:
>>> Hi, ALL,
>>> I'm getting an error calling SQLDescribeParam() on PostgreSQL 9.4.
>>>
>>> The message obtained by SQLGetDiagRec() reads:
>>>
>>> [quote]
>>> Unfortunately couldn't get this parameter info.
>>> [/quote]
>>>
>>> I'm on OSX 10.8 using iODBC DM.
>>> The PostgreSQL ODBC driver is not the current one (at least I don't think
>>> so).
>>>
>>> This same call succeeded with MS SQL Server.
>>>
>>> Does anybody have an idea of how to work around this?
>>
>> Could try to turn on the UseServerSidePrepare option?
>> i.e set
>>   UseServerSidePrepare = 1
>> to your odbc.ini file.
> Yes, that worked.
> No more errors.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Now, shouldn't it be the default when install sinceing the driver?

The default for UseServerSidePrepare was changed to 1 in version 09.03.0100.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

> Or this option should come from the DM?
>
>> regards,
>> Hiroshi Inoue

Re: [ODBC] HY0000 on SQLDescribeParam

From
Igor Korot
Date:
Hi, Hiroshi,

On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi
<h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi Igor,
>
> On 2017/07/30 22:11, Igor Korot wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Hiroshi,
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Inoue, Hiroshi
>> <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Igor,

>>> Could try to turn on the UseServerSidePrepare option?
>>> i.e set
>>>   UseServerSidePrepare = 1
>>> to your odbc.ini file.
>>
>> Yes, that worked.
>> No more errors.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Now, shouldn't it be the default when install sinceing the driver?
>

> The default for UseServerSidePrepare was changed to 1 in version 09.03.0100.

Is there a way to set it to 1 thru the ODBC API?

Thank you.

> regards,
> Hiroshi Inoue
>

>> Or this option should come from the DM?
>>
>>> regards,
>>> Hiroshi Inoue

Re: [ODBC] HY0000 on SQLDescribeParam

From
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Date:
Hi Igor,

On 2017/07/31 8:26, Igor Korot wrote:
> Hi, Hiroshi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi
> <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
>> Hi Igor,
>>
>> On 2017/07/30 22:11, Igor Korot wrote:
>>> Hi, Hiroshi,

>>> Yes, that worked.
>>> No more errors.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> Now, shouldn't it be the default when install sinceing the driver?
>>
>> The default for UseServerSidePrepare was changed to 1 in version 09.03.0100.
> Is there a way to set it to 1 thru the ODBC API?

If you call SQLDriverConnect() to connect DB, you can use connection
strings like

     SQLDriverConnect(hdbc, NULL,

"DSN=xxxxxxxx;........;UseServerSidePrepare=1;.......",

                 cbConnStrIn,  szConnStrOut, cbConnStrOutMax,
pcbConnStrOut, fDriverCompletion);

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

> Thank you.
>
>> regards,
>> Hiroshi Inoue
>>

>>> Or this option should come from the DM?

Re: [ODBC] HY0000 on SQLDescribeParam

From
Igor Korot
Date:
On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 10:47 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi
<h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi Igor,
>

> On 2017/07/31 8:26, Igor Korot wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Hiroshi,
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 30, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Inoue, Hiroshi
>> <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Igor,

>>> The default for UseServerSidePrepare was changed to 1 in version
>>> 09.03.0100.
>>
>> Is there a way to set it to 1 thru the ODBC API?
>

> If you call SQLDriverConnect() to connect DB, you can use connection strings
> like
>
>     SQLDriverConnect(hdbc, NULL,
>
> "DSN=xxxxxxxx;........;UseServerSidePrepare=1;.......",
>
>                 cbConnStrIn,  szConnStrOut, cbConnStrOutMax, pcbConnStrOut,
> fDriverCompletion);

Understood.

Thx.