[ADMIN] autovacuum logs question

From
ghiureai
Date:
Hi  ,
I am running Pgsql version 9.5.6 with :

autovacuum = on
log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0
autovacuum_naptime = 3min

  I was hoping to see in errorlog all   the stats time and CPU usage
for  autovacumm operationfor all  tables , but so far there is only one
and same table  been logged , how about rest of them,  the other
autovacuum param are disabled ( using the default values)
Thank you

Re: [ADMIN] autovacuum logs question

From
Jerry Sievers
Date:
ghiureai <isabella.ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> writes:

> Hi  ,
> I am running Pgsql version 9.5.6 with :
>
> autovacuum = on
> log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0
> autovacuum_naptime = 3min
>
>  I was hoping to see in errorlog all   the stats time and CPU usage
> for  autovacumm operationfor all  tables , but so far there is only
> one  and same table  been logged , how about rest of them,  the other
> autovacuum param are disabled ( using the default values)
> Thank you

I assume autovac not visiting those tables due to insufficient churn.

Review the docs in regards to the threshold/scale settings that
determine how aggressive autovac is.

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting