[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow multiple hostaddrs to go with multiple hostnames.

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
Allow multiple hostaddrs to go with multiple hostnames.

Also fix two other issues, while we're at it:

* In error message on connection failure, if multiple network addresses
were given as the host option, as in "host=127.0.0.1,127.0.0.2", the
error message printed the address twice.

* If there were many more ports than hostnames, the error message would
always claim that there was one port too many, even if there was more than
one. For example, if you gave 2 hostnames and 5 ports, the error message
claimed that you gave 2 hostnames and 3 ports.

Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/10badbc6-4d5a-a769-623a-f7ada43e14dd@iki.fi

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/7b02ba62e9ffad5b14c24756a0c2aeae839c9d05

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml           |  55 +++++++-
src/interfaces/libpq/fe-connect.c | 258 ++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
src/interfaces/libpq/libpq-int.h  |   3 +-

Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Allow multiple hostaddrs to go with multiple hostnames.

From
Masahiko Sawada
Date:
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:30 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
<heikki.linnakangas@iki.fi> wrote:
> Allow multiple hostaddrs to go with multiple hostnames.
>
> Also fix two other issues, while we're at it:
>
> * In error message on connection failure, if multiple network addresses
> were given as the host option, as in "host=127.0.0.1,127.0.0.2", the
> error message printed the address twice.
>
> * If there were many more ports than hostnames, the error message would
> always claim that there was one port too many, even if there was more than
> one. For example, if you gave 2 hostnames and 5 ports, the error message
> claimed that you gave 2 hostnames and 3 ports.
>
> Discussion: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/10badbc6-4d5a-a769-623a-f7ada43e14dd@iki.fi
>
> Branch
> ------
> master
>
> Details
> -------
> https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/7b02ba62e9ffad5b14c24756a0c2aeae839c9d05
>
> Modified Files

This commit seems be cause of the documentation compilation error. I
think </sect3> is missing.

$ make -C doc/src/sgml/
make: Entering directory `/home/masahiko/pgsql/source/postgresql/doc/src/sgml'
osx -wall -wno-unused-param -wno-empty -wfully-tagged -D . -D . -x
lower postgres.sgml >postgres.xml.tmp
osx:libpq.sgml:926:9:E: end tag for "SECT3" omitted, but OMITTAG NO
was specified
osx:libpq.sgml:891:3: start tag was here
make: *** [postgres.xml] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/home/masahiko/pgsql/source/postgresql/doc/src/sgml'

Attached small patch fixes this.

Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center

Date:
On 07/10/2017 01:27 PM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> This commit seems be cause of the documentation compilation error. I
> think </sect3> is missing.

> Attached small patch fixes this.

Thanks, committed!

Strangely, it worked on my system, despite that clear mistake. Looks
like the 'osx' tool is more strict than what I had installed. I have now
also installed opensp, so won't make this mistake again.

- Heikki

Date:
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> On 07/10/2017 01:27 PM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
>>
>> This commit seems be cause of the documentation compilation error. I
>> think </sect3> is missing.

>> Attached small patch fixes this.
>

> Thanks, committed!
>
> Strangely, it worked on my system, despite that clear mistake. Looks like
> the 'osx' tool is more strict than what I had installed. I have now also
> installed opensp, so won't make this mistake again.

Thank you!