[HACKERS] logical replication NOTICE "synchronized table states"

From
Jeff Janes

When creating a subscription, I get a NOTICE "synchronized table states"

What is this supposed to be telling the end user?  Is this just a debugging message not intended to be included in the released code?

When I first saw this NOTICE, I thought, based on the wording, that it was telling me the data had finished copying over (i.e. the initial state of the table data had been synced).  But at the time this notice is issued, the copy has not even started.  In fact, if I create a subscription for a non-existent publication, I still get this message.

Cheers,

Jeff

Re: [HACKERS] logical replication NOTICE "synchronized table states"

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 6/9/17 17:06, Jeff Janes wrote:
> When creating a subscription, I get a NOTICE "synchronized table states"
>
> What is this supposed to be telling the end user?  Is this just a
> debugging message not intended to be included in the released code?

I think we can remove this message.

Date:
On 6/9/17 19:17, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On 6/9/17 17:06, Jeff Janes wrote:
>> When creating a subscription, I get a NOTICE "synchronized table states"
>>
>> What is this supposed to be telling the end user?  Is this just a
>> debugging message not intended to be included in the released code?
>
> I think we can remove this message.

done