[pgadmin-hackers] [pgAdmin4][Patch]: UI improvements in data-grid/query tool

From
Surinder Kumar
Date:
Hi,

Changes:

1) Display only border-top for data-grid header instead of border on whole data-grid.

2) Remove dotted border from cell right for consistency.

3) Add border-bottom for header-row so that on scroll to bottom header rows are differentiated from cells.

Also, due to these changes, the vertical scrollbar which appears at data-grid right side seems to fixed.

PFA patch and review.

Thanks,
Surinder
Attachment
Hi Surinder!

We reviewed the patch and the changes look great. Could you change the grays to match the style guide?

Silver, #222, and #aaa aren't listed in pgadmin.style.css

Thanks so much!
Shirley & Sarah

1) Display only border-top for data-grid header instead of border on whole data-grid.

2) Remove dotted border from cell right for consistency.

3) Add border-bottom for header-row so that on scroll to bottom header rows are differentiated from cells.

Also, due to these changes, the vertical scrollbar which appears at data-grid right side seems to fixed.

PFA patch and review.

Thanks,
Surinder

Exactly what my review was going to say :-)

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Sarah McAlear <smcalear@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Surinder!
>
> We reviewed the patch and the changes look great. Could you change the grays
> to match the style guide?
>
> Silver, #222, and #aaa aren't listed in pgadmin.style.css.
>
> Thanks so much!
> Shirley & Sarah
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Surinder Kumar
> <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> 1) Display only border-top for data-grid header instead of border on whole
>> data-grid.
>>
>> 2) Remove dotted border from cell right for consistency.
>>
>> 3) Add border-bottom for header-row so that on scroll to bottom header
>> rows are differentiated from cells.
>>
>> Also, due to these changes, the vertical scrollbar which appears at
>> data-grid right side seems to fixed.
>>
>> PFA patch and review.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Surinder
>>

>> --

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Hi

​have ​
replaced Silver, #222, and #aaa colors
​​
with relevant
​​
colors
​​
defined in pgadmin.styles.css
Also, the header rows
​left &
 right
​border
 color is changed to #888 to match with bottom
​ border​
​(#888)​
, now the header can easily be distinguished from the grid rows border styling.

​Please review and let me know ​if any changes.

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Exactly what my review was going to say :-)

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Sarah McAlear <smcalear@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hi Surinder!
>
> We reviewed the patch and the changes look great. Could you change the grays
> to match the style guide?
>
> Silver, #222, and #aaa aren't listed in pgadmin.style.css.
>
> Thanks so much!
> Shirley & Sarah
>
> On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Surinder Kumar
> <surinder.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> 1) Display only border-top for data-grid header instead of border on whole
>> data-grid.
>>
>> 2) Remove dotted border from cell right for consistency.
>>
>> 3) Add border-bottom for header-row so that on scroll to bottom header
>> rows are differentiated from cells.
>>
>> Also, due to these changes, the vertical scrollbar which appears at
>> data-grid right side seems to fixed.
>>
>> PFA patch and review.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Surinder
>>

>> --

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment
Thanks, applied!

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Surinder Kumar