[pgsql-www] More dynamic yum download instructions

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
PFA a patch that makes the yum download portion at https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ more dynamic.

In particular, it brings in three dropdowns where you pick version of postgres, version of os and platform, and it both filters those based on which are available, and generates instructions that are distro specific (like the Debian download page already does).

For those that don't have a working pgweb instance, I've also attached a screenshot :)

The data to drive them comes from crawling the contents of our ftp directory. It has already been applied, at

Attachment

Re: [pgsql-www] More dynamic yum download instructions

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> PFA a patch that makes the yum download portion at
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ more dynamic.
>
> In particular, it brings in three dropdowns where you pick version of
> postgres, version of os and platform, and it both filters those based on
> which are available, and generates instructions that are distro specific
> (like the Debian download page already does).
>
> For those that don't have a working pgweb instance, I've also attached a
> screenshot :)
>
> The data to drive them comes from crawling the contents of our ftp
> directory. It has already been applied, at
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=commitdiff;h=d09fde9ba34a593be573c001526066c86f306c74
>
> Comments? Bugs?

Tested on Mac under Chrome and Safari and it looks good to me.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> PFA a patch that makes the yum download portion at
> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ more dynamic.
>
> In particular, it brings in three dropdowns where you pick version of
> postgres, version of os and platform, and it both filters those based on
> which are available, and generates instructions that are distro specific
> (like the Debian download page already does).
>
> For those that don't have a working pgweb instance, I've also attached a
> screenshot :)
>
> The data to drive them comes from crawling the contents of our ftp
> directory. It has already been applied, at
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=commitdiff;h=d09fde9ba34a593be573c001526066c86f306c74
>
> Comments? Bugs?

Tested on Mac under Chrome and Safari and it looks good to me.

I got it tested on an IE system as well, and it seemed to work.

Thus - pushed!