[GENERAL] repmgr cascade replication node delay

From
Juliano
Date:
Hi guys,

I have a replication scenario master/slave and I would like to create one extra more node (cascade from slave) with a time delay of 24-hour replication.

The objective of an extra node 24 hours delayed is to recover some error in the server.

Is it possible to make this configuration?

Open to suggestions, please ignore pg_dump and barman.

Regards
Juliano

Re: [GENERAL] repmgr cascade replication node delay

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
The objective of an extra node 24 hours delayed is to recover some error in the server.
Is it possible to make this configuration?

A quick search turns up:​

​​recovery_min_apply_delay

No personal experience though.

David J.

Re: [GENERAL] repmgr cascade replication node delay

From
Juliano
Date:
Hi David,

Thanks for your email.

This recovery_min_apply_delay sounds interesting!
I wold like to use it between 2 standby nodes (cascade replication using repmgr) instead of master/standby, anyone knows if is it possible?

Regards,
Juliano

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.