[pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Portable for Linux

From
Alejandro Carrillo
Date:
Good morning / afternoon / night,

I already updated the PostgreSQL Portable for Linux Debian and him flawors. Tested on Debian Jessie and Ubuntu 17.4. Its a 7z file.

Please look the description of the project to run it. Its start executing  "sh start.sh" on terminal, stop postgresql executing "sh stop.sh", restart postgresql executing "sh restart.sh"

Thanks to williamp with the help!

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] PostgreSQL Portable for Linux

From
Darren Duncan
Date:
On 2017-05-12 6:32 PM, Alejandro Carrillo wrote:
> Good morning / afternoon / night,
>
> I already updated the PostgreSQL Portable for Linux Debian and him flawors.
> Tested on Debian Jessie and Ubuntu 17.4. Its a 7z file.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlportable/files/9.6/pgsql%209.6x64.7z/download
>
> Please look the description of the project to run it. Its start executing  "sh
> start.sh" on terminal, stop postgresql executing "sh stop.sh", restart
> postgresql executing "sh restart.sh"
>
> Thanks to williamp with the help!

Please advertise your project using this url or similar instead:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgsqlportable/

The one you gave is directly to a download page that automatically starts
pulling a 70MB file, which isn't really appropriate if someone wants to just
read about your project and decide later about downloading it.

-- Darren Duncan