Please help populate this page with features, descriptions, and links to
articles and blogs.

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!

On 05/05/2017 07:39 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Please help populate this page with features, descriptions, and links to
> articles and blogs.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10

Please help!  There's a ton of content to fill in here.

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!

Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Please help fill in the "What's New inPostgreSQL 10" page

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 5/15/17 14:29, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 05/05/2017 07:39 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Please help populate this page with features, descriptions, and links to
>> articles and blogs.
>>
>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10
>
> Please help!  There's a ton of content to fill in here.

It's not clear to me what the context and audience of this page is.  We
already have press releases, release notes, documentation.  Clarifying
that might help.

> On 5/15/17 14:29, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> On 05/05/2017 07:39 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Please help populate this page with features, descriptions, and links to
>>> articles and blogs.
>>>
>>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/New_in_postgres_10
>>
>> Please help!  There's a ton of content to fill in here.
>
> It's not clear to me what the context and audience of this page is.  We
> already have press releases, release notes, documentation.  Clarifying
> that might help.

We do this every year.  It's not a new thing.

The goal is to have a lot more detailed information about each
user-facing feature, including longer description, examples, links to
blogs, etc.

9.5's is a good example of what we want:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/What%27s_new_in_PostgreSQL_9.5

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!

All,

This HN thread has some stuff people are excited about, if anyone wants
to transfer over the examples:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=14367311

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!

Fleshing this out a bit helps immensely when the press release is pushed out, and I've had a few open source websites asking for a feature -- thereby increasing Postgres support and advocacy.

How this release relates not only to developers but also to users is quite valuable, although not as critical as for the final release.

Sincerely
Debbie