[pgsql-pkg-yum] python-psycopg2 removed from repo?

From
VM Farms
Date:
We have recently been experiencing problems while trying to install barman, because of a failed dependency - python-psycopg2 (> 2.4.x).

It appears that some time recently (mid to end of April), the python-psycopg2 packages were removed from the official  EL6 (CentOS/RHEL/SL) repositories for versions 9.3 to 9.6, even though the source rpms are still in srpms.

Is there an announcement about the removal or any information about why they were removed?

We have looked through release notes and mailing lists, but we have not been able to find anything about the removal of these packages.

Re: [pgsql-pkg-yum] python-psycopg2 removed from repo?

From
Devrim Gündüz
Date:
Hi,

On Thu, 2017-05-04 at 15:54 -0400, VM Farms wrote:
> We have recently been experiencing problems while trying to install barman,
> because of a failed dependency - python-psycopg2 (> 2.4.x).
>
> It appears that some time recently (mid to end of April), the
> python-psycopg2 packages were removed from the official  EL6
> (CentOS/RHEL/SL) repositories for versions 9.3 to 9.6, even though the
> source rpms are still in srpms.
>
> Is there an announcement about the removal or any information about why
> they were removed?

*sigh* I think this is purely an accident while working on pgAdmin4 RPMs.
Rebuilt them, and put them back to the repo.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Devrim Gündüz