[BUGS] BUG #14633: ecpg : nothing is generated when using option -v

From
zosrothko@orange.fr
Date:

Bug reference:      14633
Logged by:          Francis ANDRE
Email address:      zosrothko@orange.fr
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.1
Operating system:   Win7 Pro

Hi

Running the ecpg precompiler command with option -v generates an empty
main.cxx

C:\MXW\Clients\PagesJaunes\SQLDynamic\SQLDynamic>"C:\Program Files
(x86)\PostgreSQL\9.5\bin\ecpg.exe" -v -o main.cxx main.pgc

ecpg, le préprocesseur C embarqué de PostgreSQL, version 4.11.0
la recherche EXEC SQL INCLUDE ... commence ici :./usr/local/includeC:/Program Files
(x86)/PostgreSQL/9.5/include/usr/include
fin de la liste de recherche

C:\MXW\Clients\PagesJaunes\SQLDynamic\SQLDynamic>type main.cxx

C:\MXW\Clients\PagesJaunes\SQLDynamic\SQLDynamic>

Re: [BUGS] BUG #14633: ecpg : nothing is generated when using option-v

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
> Running the ecpg precompiler command with option -v generates an empty
> main.cxx

Not sure I understand why you think this is a bug. 'ecpg -v' is supposed to

Print additional information including the version and the "include" path.

It is not supposed to do any preprocessing. But since you added an '-o'
option it did create the file.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org

Le 27/04/2017 à 19:35, Michael Meskes a écrit :
>> Running the ecpg precompiler command with option -v generates an empty
>> main.cxx
> Not sure I understand why you think this is a bug. 'ecpg -v' is supposed to
>
> Print additional information including the version and the "include" path.
>
> It is not supposed to do any preprocessing. But since you added an '-o'
> option it did create the file.
Ok... I would expect that -v combined with -o would do the preprocessing
of the ecpg file while printing additional information.