[ODBC] Server Closed the connection unexpectedly

From
Mehmet Keleş

Hello,
I downloaded odbc driver for mongodb from site("psqlodbc_09_06_0200-x64"),  i try to connect to my mongodb server via this odbc server(on Windows) but the error which is attached screen shot this email
was occured. while this trying, i can see openned connection on my mongodb server.
I try to find solution on web forums, but I didn't find.

Could you help me for this situation?

Best Regards

Mehmet Keles

Attachment

Re: [ODBC] Server Closed the connection unexpectedly

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 04/13/2017 12:27 AM, Mehmet Keleş wrote:
> Hello,
> I downloaded odbc driver for mongodb from
> site("psqlodbc_09_06_0200-x64"),  i try to connect to my mongodb server
> via this odbc server(on Windows) but the error which is attached screen

Why are you using a Postgres ODBC driver to connect to MongoDB?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Ynt: [ODBC] Server Closed the connection unexpectedly

From
Mehmet Keleş

Hello,

Becouse, i want to connect the mongodb on ms excel.

Windows 10 telefonumdan gönderildi

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Ynt: [ODBC] Server Closed the connection unexpectedly

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 04/18/2017 08:21 PM, Mehmet Keleş wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Becouse, i want to connect the mongodb on ms excel.

Still not sure why you would expect a Postgresql driver to work with
MongoDB. I know MongoDB has the BI Connector(I believe that is the right
name) that allows a Postgres database to use MongoDB via an FDW. That is
if I am following the below correctly:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mongodb-32-now-powered-postgresql-john-de-goes

At any rate I do not see where the Postgres ODBC driver plays a role in
this?

I would think you need a MongoDB ODBC driver, or am I missing something?

> Windows 10 telefonumdan gönderildi

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Ynt: Ynt: [ODBC] Server Closed the connection unexpectedly

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 04/19/2017 10:54 PM, Mehmet Keleş wrote:

Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.
> Hello,
>
> yes it's name is MongoDB BI Connector,

Which version as it seems MongoDB has changed from Postgres to MySQL
between version 1.x and 2.0?

> I followed this webinar,
>
> https://www.mongodb.com/blog/post/analyzing-data-in-microsoft-excel-with-the-mongodb-connector-for-bi

That is for the Postgres(BI Connector version 1.x) version. If you are
using that version then the video applies. The important part would be
the port number. In your original post you used 27017 as the port for
the BI Connector(Postgres). 27017 is the default port for MongDB so I
doubt it is the port for the BI Connector as that is a separate server.
If you are indeed using the Postgres version of Bi Connector then you
need to find what port it is running on and use that as the port number
in the ODBC setup.

If you are running BI Connector 2+ then you will need to use the MySQL
ODBC driver. See here:

https://docs.mongodb.com/bi-connector/master/installation/#connect-to-the-bi

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: Ynt: Ynt: [ODBC] Server Closed the connection unexpectedly

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 04/20/2017 07:06 AM, Mehmet Keleş wrote:

Again please reply to list also.

> my mongodb ver. is  *3.4.0,*

The webinar you posted earlier is for 3.2 and my guess is out of date.

> psqlodbc ver. is  *9.6.200*

The version information I was looking for was the BI Connector. Given
that you are using MongoDB I am going to assume version 2+, in which
case you are dealing with MySQL not Postgres. Keep in mind this all
educated guesses on my part as I do not use MongoDB nor am I MongoDB
tech support. I would suggest reaching out to MongoDB for tech support
to find out what you are actually dealing with.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com