[HACKERS] 2017-03 CF Closed

From
David Steele
Date:
The commitfest has officially ended. I have pushed the remaining patches
to the next commitfest or returned then with feedback as appropriate:

Features moved to next CF:
- new plpgsql extra_checks
- Better estimate merging for duplicate vars in clausesel.c
- initdb configurable wal_segment_size
- Vacuum: allow usage of more than 1GB of work mem
- Bug in to_timestamp() [not exactly bug, should be renamed?]
- Push down more UPDATEs/DELETEs in postgres_fdw
- postgres_fdw: support parameterized foreign joins

BUGS moved to next CF:
- snapshot builder fixes
- Fix the optimization to skip WAL-logging on table created in same
transaction
- replace broken GetExistingLocalJoinPath with CreateLocalJoinPath
- Failure at replay for corrupted 2PC files + reduce window between
end-of-recovery record and history file write

Returned with Feedback:
- Indexes with Included Columns

Final stats for the commitfest:

Committed: 116
Moved to next CF: 50
Rejected: 2
Returned with Feedback: 41
Total: 209.

Thank you to all the authors, reviewers, and committers who participated!

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 CF Closed

From
Andres Freund
Date:
Hi David, All,

Thanks for your work on managing the fest!

On 2017-04-08 10:25:06 -0400, David Steele wrote:
> Final stats for the commitfest:
>
> Committed: 116
> Moved to next CF: 50
> Rejected: 2
> Returned with Feedback: 41
> Total: 209.

Not a bad haul...

- Andres

Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 CF Closed

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 11:27 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> Thanks for your work on managing the fest!

+1. Great work!
--
Michael

Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 CF Closed

Date:
> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 11:27 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> Thanks for your work on managing the fest!

> +1. Great work!

Seconded.  That's a huge amount of generally-underappreciated work.
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] 2017-03 CF Closed

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 04/08/2017 09:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 11:27 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>> Thanks for your work on managing the fest!
>
>> +1. Great work!
>
> Seconded.  That's a huge amount of generally-underappreciated work.

And only a week over schedule.  Good work.

--
Josh Berkus
Containers & Databases Oh My!