Re: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 Proposal

From
Alexander Korotkov
Date:
Hello, Mark!

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Mark Rofail <markm.rofail@gmail.com> wrote:
Kindly find my proposal attached to this email.

I'd like to ask what do you mean in research item number 3?

3. Making the full-table sequential scan GIN-indexable​ instead seems very reasonable since GIN is primarily used to search for element values (PK values) that appear within composite items (FK array).
a. Statistics have shown[7] that GIN indexing an array shows an increase in performance by ~2256% !
b. Thus the first step (as proposed ) would be to prove that “<@( is contained by)” can be used in this scope.

What exactly you're going to do in this item?  Check that GIN index over array support given operator, do the performance benchmark or something else?

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company

Fwd: [HACKERS] GSoC 2017 Proposal

From
Mark Rofail
Date:
Dear Mr Alexander,

I was checking the archives today and to my shock, I did not find my
reply to your previous question which was almost two weeks ago.
I apologise for the inconvenience, I have however replied within an
hour but apparently, it did not go through.

Best Regards,
Mark Moheb