[COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add IF NOT EXISTS for CREATE SERVER and CREATE USER MAPPING

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
Add IF NOT EXISTS for CREATE SERVER and CREATE USER MAPPING

There is still some inconsistency with the error messages surrounding
foreign servers. Some use the word "foreign" and some don't. My
inclination is to remove all such uses of "foreign" on the basis that
the  CREATE/ALTER/DROP SERVER commands don't use the word. However, that
is left for another day. In this patch I have kept to the existing usage
in the affected commands, which omits "foreign".

Anastasia Lubennikova, reviewed by Arthur Zakirov and Ashtosh Bapat.

Discussion: http://postgr.es/m/7c2ab9b8-388a-1ce0-23a3-7acf2a0ed3c6@postgrespro.ru

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b6fb534f10e1dea17dc5641f44cc651b8d60d8f0

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/ref/create_server.sgml        | 14 ++++++++++-
doc/src/sgml/ref/create_user_mapping.sgml  | 14 ++++++++++-
src/backend/commands/foreigncmds.c         | 38 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
src/backend/parser/gram.y                  | 23 ++++++++++++++++++
src/include/nodes/parsenodes.h             |  2 ++
src/test/regress/expected/foreign_data.out |  6 +++++
src/test/regress/sql/foreign_data.sql      |  3 +++

> Add IF NOT EXISTS for CREATE SERVER and CREATE USER MAPPING

Several of the buildfarm members seem not to like this.

If you need more details, I can poke into it on dromedary later tonight.

            regards, tom lane

On 03/20/2017 07:58 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Add IF NOT EXISTS for CREATE SERVER and CREATE USER MAPPING
> Several of the buildfarm members seem not to like this.
>
> If you need more details, I can poke into it on dromedary later tonight.

Looks like it's triggered by -DCOPY_PARSE_PLAN_TREES
-DRAW_EXPRESSION_COVERAGE_TEST

I'll check the node copy funcs.

cheers

andrew