[HACKERS] Creation of "Future" commit fest, named 2017-07

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
Hi all,

As the next commit fest beginning soon, there will be no place where
hackers can park future patches for PG11~. So I have created a Future
CF named 2017-07 where you can do that.
Feel free to use it to park your future patches. The next development
schedule is undecided, so the name of this future CF may change. Or
not.
Michael

Re: [HACKERS] Creation of "Future" commit fest, named 2017-07

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> As the next commit fest beginning soon, there will be no place where
> hackers can park future patches for PG11~. So I have created a Future
> CF named 2017-07 where you can do that.
> Feel free to use it to park your future patches. The next development
> schedule is undecided, so the name of this future CF may change. Or
> not.

Do we, ah, have a CommitFest manager for this final CommitFest?

/me takes two quick steps backward.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we, ah, have a CommitFest manager for this final CommitFest?

No, victims found yet.

> /me takes two quick steps backward.

Which means that you are volunteering? This takes you out of the crowd :D
--
Michael

Re: [HACKERS] Creation of "Future" commit fest, named 2017-07

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do we, ah, have a CommitFest manager for this final CommitFest?
>
> No, victims found yet.
>
>> /me takes two quick steps backward.
>
> Which means that you are volunteering? This takes you out of the crowd :D

Ha!

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [HACKERS] Creation of "Future" commit fest, named 2017-07

From
David Steele
Date:
On 2/27/17 2:54 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 3:46 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Do we, ah, have a CommitFest manager for this final CommitFest?
>>
>> No, victims found yet.
>>
>>> /me takes two quick steps backward.
>>
>> Which means that you are volunteering? This takes you out of the crowd :D
>
> Ha!

I'm happy to be CFM.  Somehow I doubt there will be a lot of objections!

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Date:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:39 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> I'm happy to be CFM.  Somehow I doubt there will be a lot of objections!

No.  Aren't you the guy who did a good job with it last year and just
about perished in the process?

--

Date:
On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:09 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:39 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>> I'm happy to be CFM.  Somehow I doubt there will be a lot of objections!
>
> No.  Aren't you the guy who did a good job with it last year and just
> about perished in the process?

(Just to be clear, the "no" meant "no objections", not any other
possible meaning.)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: [HACKERS] Creation of "Future" commit fest, named 2017-07

From
Andres Freund
Date:
On 2017-02-27 23:09:40 +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:39 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> > I'm happy to be CFM.  Somehow I doubt there will be a lot of objections!
>
> No.  Aren't you the guy who did a good job with it last year and just
> about perished in the process?

Yea, I was wondering if that Davis S. guy from last year would object.

None here either.

Date:
On 2/27/17 12:40 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:09 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:39 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>>> I'm happy to be CFM.  Somehow I doubt there will be a lot of objections!
>>
>> No.  Aren't you the guy who did a good job with it last year and just
>> about perished in the process?

I won't deny that it's a lot of work, but I'm hoping my experience from
last year will make it a little easier.  We'll see.

> (Just to be clear, the "no" meant "no objections", not any other
> possible meaning.)

I didn't take it any other way.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Date:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 2:43 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2017-02-27 23:09:40 +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:39 PM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>> > I'm happy to be CFM.  Somehow I doubt there will be a lot of objections!
>>
>> No.  Aren't you the guy who did a good job with it last year and just
>> about perished in the process?
>
> Yea, I was wondering if that Davis S. guy from last year would object.
>
> None here either.

Fine for me too. Congratulations (?)
--

Date:
On 2/27/17 6:40 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 2:43 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> No.  Aren't you the guy who did a good job with it last year and just
>>> about perished in the process?
>>
>> Yea, I was wondering if that Davis S. guy from last year would object.
>>
>> None here either.
>
> Fine for me too. Congratulations (?)

Looks like it's me, then.  I don't seem to have admin privileges to
close the commitfest or I don't know where the option is located.

Can somebody grant privileges or close the CF at 3/1 12AM AoE (UTC-12)
for me?

-David
david@pgmasters.net

Date:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:21 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> Looks like it's me, then.  I don't seem to have admin privileges to
> close the commitfest or I don't know where the option is located.
>
> Can somebody grant privileges or close the CF at 3/1 12AM AoE (UTC-12)
> for me?

I have no way to give the administration rights, but as I got them I
am fine to mark the CF as in progress around this time.
--

Date:
On 2/27/17 7:27 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:21 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>> Looks like it's me, then.  I don't seem to have admin privileges to
>> close the commitfest or I don't know where the option is located.
>>
>> Can somebody grant privileges or close the CF at 3/1 12AM AoE (UTC-12)
>> for me?
>
> I have no way to give the administration rights, but as I got them I
> am fine to mark the CF as in progress around this time.

That works for me.  I have all the privileges I need to run the CF
otherwise.

Thanks!
--
-David
david@pgmasters.net

Date:
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:28 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
> On 2/27/17 7:27 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 9:21 AM, David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:
>>> Looks like it's me, then.  I don't seem to have admin privileges to
>>> close the commitfest or I don't know where the option is located.
>>>
>>> Can somebody grant privileges or close the CF at 3/1 12AM AoE (UTC-12)
>>> for me?
>>
>> I have no way to give the administration rights, but as I got them I
>> am fine to mark the CF as in progress around this time.
>
> That works for me.  I have all the privileges I need to run the CF
> otherwise.

Still 10 hours left if you want to propose a patch for the last CF!
--
Michael