[GENERAL] Postgres

From
prakash ramakrishnan
Date:
Hi,

       Am Prakash from Chennai and am working in postgres edb 9.5 I need your help for pgpool and pgbouncer configuration steps and please keep in touch if I get any error.

Thanks
Prakash.r
9551559623

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres

From
Merlin Moncure
Date:
On Sat, Feb 11, 2017 at 12:48 AM, prakash ramakrishnan
<prakashdba010@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>        Am Prakash from Chennai and am working in postgres edb 9.5 I need
> your help for pgpool and pgbouncer configuration steps and please keep in
> touch if I get any error.

why don't you ask some specific questions?

merlin

Re: [GENERAL] Postgres

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 2/10/2017 10:48 PM, prakash ramakrishnan wrote:
>        Am Prakash from Chennai and am working in postgres edb 9.5 I
> need your help for pgpool and pgbouncer configuration steps and please
> keep in touch if I get any error.

I can't imagine any scenario where you'd use pgpool and pgbouncer
together.    they are both connection poolers.     pgpool also does a
lot of other stuff, while pgbouncer sticks with just doing pooling, and
doing it very well.

configuration steps would depend on exactly what configuration you need,
but in a nutshell, edit the config file for the pooler of your choice,
and run it.    first step would be to read the documentation.

http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Documentation

https://pgbouncer.github.io/   (lower left side, multiple links)