[pgadmin-support] Building pgadmin4-1.1: Python3 virtual wrapper

From
Rich Shepard
Date:
Running Slackware-14.1/32-bit on the server with python-2.7.13 and
python3-3.5.2.
  As root I try to install the virtual environment and wrapper. The former
is installed; the latter not:

# pip3 install virtualenv virtualenv-wrapper
Collecting virtualenv  Downloading virtualenv-15.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.8MB)    100%
|████████████████████████████████|1.8MB 236kB/s

Collecting virtualenv-wrapper  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement virtualenv-wrapper
(from versions: )
No matching distribution found for virtualenv-wrapper
  Can you offer a suggestion to resolve this? I can ask on the python mail
list if that's more appropriate.

Rich

Re: [pgadmin-support] Building pgadmin4-1.1: Python3 virtual wrapper

From
Dan Davis
Date:
Rich,

I've been successful installing it into a virtualenv, without using virtualenv-wrapper.  I create the virtualenv, using -p to select the python of my choice (Python 3), and then pip install from the saved wheel.

My success though is on a platform that would have supported virtualenv-wrapper - CentOS 7 x86_64.  If my suggestions do not work for you, then let me know and I'll try to reproduce this.

  Running Slackware-14.1/32-bit on the server with python-2.7.13 and
python3-3.5.2.

  As root I try to install the virtual environment and wrapper. The former
is installed; the latter not:

# pip3 install virtualenv virtualenv-wrapper
Collecting virtualenv
  Downloading virtualenv-15.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.8MB)
    100% |████████████████████████████████| 1.8MB 236kB/s Collecting virtualenv-wrapper
  Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement virtualenv-wrapper
(from versions: )
No matching distribution found for virtualenv-wrapper

  Can you offer a suggestion to resolve this? I can ask on the python mail
list if that's more appropriate.

Rich

Re: [pgadmin-support] Building pgadmin4-1.1: Python3 virtual wrapper

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Rich Shepard <rshepard@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>   Running Slackware-14.1/32-bit on the server with python-2.7.13 and
> python3-3.5.2.
>
>   As root I try to install the virtual environment and wrapper. The former
> is installed; the latter not:
>
> # pip3 install virtualenv virtualenv-wrapper
> Collecting virtualenv
>   Downloading virtualenv-15.1.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (1.8MB)
>     100% |████████████████████████████████| 1.8MB 236kB/s Collecting
> virtualenv-wrapper
>   Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement virtualenv-wrapper
> (from versions: )
> No matching distribution found for virtualenv-wrapper
>
>   Can you offer a suggestion to resolve this? I can ask on the python mail
> list if that's more appropriate.

There was a typo in the README that was fixed a few days back - it
should be virtualenvwrapper not virtualenv-wrapper.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017, Dan Davis wrote:

> I've been successful installing it into a virtualenv, without using
> virtualenv-wrapper. I create the virtualenv, using -p to select the python
> of my choice (Python 3), and then pip install from the saved wheel.

Dan,
  I stopped reading the installation instructions at this first step when
the wrapper was not found. I'll ignore the wrapper and try moving ahead.

> My success though is on a platform that would have supported
> virtualenv-wrapper - CentOS 7 x86_64. If my suggestions do not work for
> you, then let me know and I'll try to reproduce this.
  Will report results, but it may be a few days as I have a busy week with
my business.

Thanks,

Date:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017, Dan Davis wrote:

> I've been successful installing it into a virtualenv, without using
> virtualenv-wrapper. I create the virtualenv, using -p to select the python
> of my choice (Python 3), and then pip install from the saved wheel.

Dan,
  Getting back to building pgAdmin4. Instead of using pip I'm following the
README instructions to build the runtime version.
  In the runtime/ directory cmake produces these results:

Project MESSAGE: Building for QT4...
Project MESSAGE: Building for Linux/Mac...
Project MESSAGE: Using /usr/bin/python-config
Project MESSAGE: Python2 detected.
  While the above are true, I also have qt5-5.5.1 and python3-3.6.0
installed. Does it matter for which versions of qt and python pgAdmin4 is
built?

Rich