[HACKERS] ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 for postgres community

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Hi there,

I just bought ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=63556 to satisfy my interest on json support in SQL.  I am not ready to discuss here implementation details, but there is one problem with the status of this document, which is copyright protected.

"All rights reserved. Unless otherwise specified, no part of this publication may be reproduced or utilized otherwise in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or posting on the internet or an intranet, without prior written permission. Permission can be requested from either ISO at the address below or ISO’s member body in the country of the requester."

My question is should we ask ISO for permission to use my copy in our community or  should we buy at least one another copy (for reviewer) ?

Regards,

Oleg

Re: [HACKERS] ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 for postgres community

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just bought ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016
> http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=63556
> to satisfy my interest on json support in SQL.  I am not ready to discuss
> here implementation details, but there is one problem with the status of
> this document, which is copyright protected.
>
> "All rights reserved. Unless otherwise specified, no part of this
> publication may be reproduced or utilized otherwise in any form or by any
> means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or posting on the
> internet or an intranet, without prior written permission. Permission can
> be requested from either ISO at the address below or ISO’s member body in
> the country of the requester."
>
> My question is should we ask ISO for permission to use my copy in our
> community or  should we buy at least one another copy (for reviewer) ?

With previous versions, we have relied on draft versions
"indistinguishable from latest" posted by third parties.  I couldn't
find such a version for sql2106 in an (admittedly very quick) search.
I doubt ISO would give the community permission to use your copy, but it
wouldn't hurt to ask them.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 6:26 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just bought ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016
> http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=63556
> to satisfy my interest on json support in SQL.  I am not ready to discuss
> here implementation details, but there is one problem with the status of
> this document, which is copyright protected.
>
> "All rights reserved. Unless otherwise specified, no part of this
> publication may be reproduced or utilized otherwise in any form or by any
> means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or posting on the
> internet or an intranet, without prior written permission. Permission can
> be requested from either ISO at the address below or ISO’s member body in
> the country of the requester."
>
> My question is should we ask ISO for permission to use my copy in our
> community or  should we buy at least one another copy (for reviewer) ?

With previous versions, we have relied on draft versions
"indistinguishable from latest" posted by third parties.  I couldn't
find such a version for sql2106 in an (admittedly very quick) search.

I found several mentions about such a draft, but failed to find any.  I think we can wait until we have a prototype or somebody share a link.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: [HACKERS] ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 for postgres community

From
Wolfgang Wilhelm
Date:
Hi,

are you looking for something like this: jtc1sc32.org/doc/N2301-2350/32N2311T-text_for_ballot-CD_9075-2.pdf ?

Kind Regards,

Wolfgang

Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I just bought ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016
> http://www.iso.org/iso/home/ store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_ detail.htm?csnumber=63556
> to satisfy my interest on json support in SQL.  I am not ready to discuss
> here implementation details, but there is one problem with the status of
> this document, which is copyright protected.
>
> "All rights reserved. Unless otherwise specified, no part of this
> publication may be reproduced or utilized otherwise in any form or by any
> means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or posting on the
> internet or an intranet, without prior written permission. Permission can
> be requested from either ISO at the address below or ISO’s member body in
> the country of the requester."
>
> My question is should we ask ISO for permission to use my copy in our
> community or  should we buy at least one another copy (for reviewer) ?

With previous versions, we have relied on draft versions
"indistinguishable from latest" posted by third parties.  I couldn't
find such a version for sql2106 in an (admittedly very quick) search.

I found several mentions about such a draft, but failed to find any.  I think we can wait until we have a prototype or somebody share a link.

I doubt ISO would give the community permission to use your copy, but it
wouldn't hurt to ask them.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Re: [HACKERS] ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 for postgres community

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 1/19/17 10:03 AM, Wolfgang Wilhelm wrote:
> are you looking for something like this:
> jtc1sc32.org/doc/N2301-2350/32N2311T-text_for_ballot-CD_9075-2.pdf ?

That's not very recent.

Re: [HACKERS] ISO/IEC 9075-2:2016 for postgres community

From
Albe Laurenz
Date:
Wolfgang Wilhelm wrote:
> are you looking for something like this:
> jtc1sc32.org/doc/N2301-2350/32N2311T-text_for_ballot-CD_9075-2.pdf ?

That looks like it is from 2013...

Yours,
Laurenz Albe