BUG #14425: Installation issues

From
privat@ingbert-juedt.de
Date: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Re: BUG #14425: Installation issues

From
Sandeep Thakkar
Date:
Hi

Could you please share the bitrock installation logs from the system temp
on Win 8.1 machine?

On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:29 PM, <privat@ingbert-juedt.de> wrote:

> Bug reference:      14425
> Logged by:          Ingbert J=C3=BCdt
> Email address:      privat@ingbert-juedt.de
> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
> Operating system:   Win 7, Win 8.1
>
> Tried to install 9.6.1 on four machines, only one installation without
> issues.
> Win Server 2012 R2: no issues
> Win 7 (2 machines): Installation completes, but pgAdmin 4 cannot connect =
> server or reports connection lost after start (service is running)
> Win 8.1: Installation aborts in post-installation step, log file reports
> that it cannot find postgresql.conf (installation attempt repeated about =
6
> times)

--=20
Sandeep Thakkar

Re: BUG #14425: Installation issues

From
Ingbert Jüdt (privat)

Hi Sandeep,

when I tried another install today, for undiscernable reasons, this time
it worked correctly on my 8.1 machine. I also can start PGAdmin, which
(well, on the second attempt) managed to connect to the database server.

So my problem is now reduced to being unable to start pgAdmin on two 7.1
machines. The database service is running.

Best regards

Ingbert Jüdt

Am 17.11.2016 um 06:57 schrieb Sandeep Thakkar:
> Hi
>
> Could you please share the bitrock installation logs from the system temp
> on Win 8.1 machine?
>
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 12:29 PM, <privat@ingbert-juedt.de> wrote:
>
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      14425
>> Logged by:          Ingbert Jüdt
>> Email address:      privat@ingbert-juedt.de
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
>> Operating system:   Win 7, Win 8.1
>>
>> Tried to install 9.6.1 on four machines, only one installation without
>> issues.
>> Win Server 2012 R2: no issues
>> Win 7 (2 machines): Installation completes, but pgAdmin 4 cannot connect to
>> server or reports connection lost after start (service is running)
>> Win 8.1: Installation aborts in post-installation step, log file reports
>> that it cannot find postgresql.conf (installation attempt repeated about 6
>> times)
>>

>> --

Re: BUG #14425: Installation issues

From
Sandeep Thakkar
Date:
Hi,

So, it's no more an installation issue. For pgAdmin not starting on Win 7,
you may report it to "pgadmin-support@postgresql.org"

Thanks

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 9:10 PM, Ingbert J=C3=BCdt (privat) <