xmin when linked tables are updated?

From
James Bellinger
Date:
Hello,

I am finding that with Row Versioning enabled, MS Access 2003 picks up
xmin when I initially link the table, but when I refresh the table, it
disappears. Is this version of Access incompatible with psqlODBC's Row
Versioning, is there some other setting I need, or...? I'd like to give
it a try.

Thanks!

James

Re: xmin when linked tables are updated?

From
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Date:
Hi James.

On 2016/10/14 21:27, James Bellinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am finding that with Row Versioning enabled, MS Access 2003 picks up
> xmin when I initially link the table, but when I refresh the table, it
> disappears.

Could you tell me what *disappears* means more concretely? Unfortunately
I can't touch MS Access.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: xmin when linked tables are updated?

From
"Fred Parkinson"
Date:
When you first link to a PostgreSQL table in MS Access (File>Get External Data>Link tables...) with Row Versioning on, then observe the table structure, xmin shows up as the last field, type long integer.

Then when you refresh the link using the Access Linked Table Manager and again observe the table structure, xmin no longer appears to be present.

My question is: so what? Does this have an effect on your application James? I have used odbc to link Access to postgres for almost 20 years and have had very few issues, but I have to admit I have never used the Linked Table Manager. When I make a structure change to a postgres table I just use File>Get External Data... again.

Does the apparent disappearance of xmin have an effect on your application?
>>> "Inoue, Hiroshi" <h-inoue@dream.email.ne.jp> 10/16/2016 3:12 PM >>>
Hi James.

On 2016/10/14 21:27, James Bellinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am finding that with Row Versioning enabled, MS Access 2003 picks up
> xmin when I initially link the table, but when I refresh the table, it
> disappears.

Could you tell me what *disappears* means more concretely? Unfortunately
I can't touch MS Access.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: xmin when linked tables are updated?

From
"Inoue, Hiroshi"
Date:
Hi Fred,