Using pg_ctl promote -w in TAP tests

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
Hi all,

Now that we have support for the wait mode of pg_ctl promote, I think
that it would be a good idea to switch to it in the TAP tests. This
allows avoiding extra logic with poll_query_until() to be sure that a
promoted standby is ready for read-write queries.
See the patch attached.

Michael

Attachment

Re: Using pg_ctl promote -w in TAP tests

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 10/10/16 8:37 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Now that we have support for the wait mode of pg_ctl promote, I think
> that it would be a good idea to switch to it in the TAP tests. This
> allows avoiding extra logic with poll_query_until() to be sure that a
> promoted standby is ready for read-write queries.
> See the patch attached.

committed