PATCH: To fix issue in synonym node (pgAdmin4)

From
Murtuza Zabuawala
Date:
Hi,

PFA patch to fix the issue in synonym node, where it was not horning parent node while creating in different node, issue was that we were not sending node properly.
RM#1611

Please review.

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment

Re: PATCH: To fix issue in synonym node (pgAdmin4)

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA patch to fix the issue in synonym node, where it was not horning parent
> node while creating in different node, issue was that we were not sending
> node properly.
> RM#1611

That doesn't seem like a reliable way to get the correct parent ID -
what if there are multiple synonyms in different schemas but with the
same name?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: PATCH: To fix issue in synonym node (pgAdmin4)

From
Murtuza Zabuawala
Date:
Hi Dave,

PFA updated patch, Added schema filter in sql.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> PFA patch to fix the issue in synonym node, where it was not horning parent
> node while creating in different node, issue was that we were not sending
> node properly.
> RM#1611

That doesn't seem like a reliable way to get the correct parent ID -
what if there are multiple synonyms in different schemas but with the
same name?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment

Re: PATCH: To fix issue in synonym node (pgAdmin4)

From
Dave Page
Date:
Hi

I created a synonym from within the "dave" schema, but selected
"public" (which wasn't expanded), and it placed the synonym as a
direct child of "public". See the attached screenshot.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> PFA updated patch, Added schema filter in sql.
> Please review.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
>> <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > PFA patch to fix the issue in synonym node, where it was not horning
>> > parent
>> > node while creating in different node, issue was that we were not
>> > sending
>> > node properly.
>> > RM#1611
>>
>> That doesn't seem like a reliable way to get the correct parent ID -
>> what if there are multiple synonyms in different schemas but with the
>> same name?
>>
>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment

Re: PATCH: To fix issue in synonym node (pgAdmin4)

From
Murtuza Zabuawala
Date:
Hi Dave,

The issue you mentioned is different issue and not related to synonyms node.
I will create separate ticket & work on it mean while you can commit changes for RM#1611

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

I created a synonym from within the "dave" schema, but selected
"public" (which wasn't expanded), and it placed the synonym as a
direct child of "public". See the attached screenshot.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Murtuza Zabuawala
<murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> PFA updated patch, Added schema filter in sql.
> Please review.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Murtuza Zabuawala
> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 9:53 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala
>> <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > PFA patch to fix the issue in synonym node, where it was not horning
>> > parent
>> > node while creating in different node, issue was that we were not
>> > sending
>> > node properly.
>> > RM#1611
>>
>> That doesn't seem like a reliable way to get the correct parent ID -
>> what if there are multiple synonyms in different schemas but with the
>> same name?
>>
>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: PATCH: To fix issue in synonym node (pgAdmin4)

From
Dave Page
Date:
Thanks, patch applied.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala