Indonesian Translation Problem

From
Ali Akbar
Date:
Greetings,

I was upgrading postgresql on my servers to 9.5 and found out that Indonesian translation is bundled in pg 9.5. I was excited, but it turns out that there are some problems with the translation, such as using french quotes (« and ») instead of Indonesian standard double quote ("). But the main problem becomes imminent later on. There are mis-translation everywhere, including in the error messages.

Skimming in the translation file, it looks like some of the text are automatically translated (maybe with Google Translate), so the translation is messy.

How can i contribute to make the translation better?

Thanks,
Ali Akbar

Re: Indonesian Translation Problem

From
Alvaro Herrera
Ali Akbar wrote:

Hi,

> I was upgrading postgresql on my servers to 9.5 and found out that
> Indonesian translation is bundled in pg 9.5. I was excited, but it turns
> out that there are some problems with the translation, such as using french
> quotes (« and ») instead of Indonesian standard double quote ("). But the
> main problem becomes imminent later on. There are mis-translation
> everywhere, including in the error messages.
>
> Skimming in the translation file, it looks like some of the text are
> automatically translated (maybe with Google Translate), so the translation
> is messy.
>
> How can i contribute to make the translation better?

There's no room to say that what we have is a community effort or that
it's been reviewed.  Feel free to grab the file from
http://babel.postgresql.org/ , make updates and send it over.
Make sure to read https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NLS thoroughly first
for further instructions.

Thanks for getting involved,