Is it possible to change ones username on the site?

From
"David G. Johnston"
Date:
href="http://postgresql.org">postgresql.org</a>sites is something I'd rather not use anymore.  I can probably change my
emailaddress and then create a new account but am curious if I or someone here can simply change it to a new
value.</div><divclass="gmail_default" style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif"><br /></div><div
class="gmail_default"style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif">Thanks,</div><div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif"><br/></div><div class="gmail_default"
style="font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-serif">DavidJ.</div><div class="gmail_default"

Re: Is it possible to change ones username on the site?

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
David G. Johnston wrote:
> My current username for postgresql.org sites is something I'd rather not
> use anymore.  I can probably change my email address and then create a new
> account but am curious if I or someone here can simply change it to a new
> value.

No, it's not possible to rename existing users.  I think it's easier to
create another account.  I don't know whether we have a uniqueness
restriction on emails, but even if we do, surely you could just use
davidgjohnston@gmail.com instead, since dots in the username are
disregarded by Gmail (or a "+pg" suffix)

Re: Is it possible to change ones username on the site?

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 3:13 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
David G. Johnston wrote:
> My current username for postgresql.org sites is something I'd rather not
> use anymore.  I can probably change my email address and then create a new
> account but am curious if I or someone here can simply change it to a new
> value.

No, it's not possible to rename existing users.  I think it's easier to
create another account.  I don't know whether we have a uniqueness
restriction on emails, but even if we do, surely you could just use
davidgjohnston@gmail.com instead, since dots in the username are
disregarded by Gmail (or a "+pg" suffix)

There is a uniqueness requirement on email, yes.