Splitting security into current/archive

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
WWW,

Attached is a patch which splits the security.html page into two pages:
security.html, which contains information about vulnerabilities in
supported versions, and security_archive.html, which contains
information about vulnerabilities which appear only in unsupported versions.

If the patch doesn't suit you, can you view this on github:
https://github.com/jberkus/pgweb/tree/split_security

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Attachment

Re: Splitting security into current/archive

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
On 05/13/2015 06:33 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> WWW,
>
> Attached is a patch which splits the security.html page into two pages:
> security.html, which contains information about vulnerabilities in
> supported versions, and security_archive.html, which contains
> information about vulnerabilities which appear only in unsupported versions.
>
> If the patch doesn't suit you, can you view this on github:
> https://github.com/jberkus/pgweb/tree/split_security

Accept/reject/modify?  Anyone?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Splitting security into current/archive

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
On 05/15/2015 06:53 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 06:33 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> WWW,
>>
>> Attached is a patch which splits the security.html page into two pages:
>> security.html, which contains information about vulnerabilities in
>> supported versions, and security_archive.html, which contains
>> information about vulnerabilities which appear only in unsupported versions.
>>
>> If the patch doesn't suit you, can you view this on github:
>> https://github.com/jberkus/pgweb/tree/split_security
>
> Accept/reject/modify?  Anyone?

I was not aware we had a 24h SLA or such on reacting to patches yet -
somebody should have told me :)

Anyway I have now pushed this one with one though I took the liberty to
add the "may" to "Users still running on unsupported PostgreSQL versions
are strongly urged to upgrade as soon as possible, as those versions may
contain unpatched security vulnerabilities."

I found the old wording too hard because I dont think it is a given that
just because a version is unsupported it will automatically have
security vulnerabilities.

Stefan

Re: Splitting security into current/archive

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 06:33 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > WWW,
> >
> > Attached is a patch which splits the security.html page into two pages:
> > security.html, which contains information about vulnerabilities in
> > supported versions, and security_archive.html, which contains
> > information about vulnerabilities which appear only in unsupported versions.
> >
> > If the patch doesn't suit you, can you view this on github:
> > https://github.com/jberkus/pgweb/tree/split_security
>
> Accept/reject/modify?  Anyone?

Without looking at the actual patch, your description of it does make
sense.

To me, it looks like this info should be in the web database and those
pages should be generated, not static.  That way, there's no flurry of
commits when we desupport major versions.

Date:
On 05/15/2015 10:38 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> To me, it looks like this info should be in the web database and those
> pages should be generated, not static.  That way, there's no flurry of
> commits when we desupport major versions.

yes, but that's a much harder patch.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> On 05/15/2015 10:38 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > To me, it looks like this info should be in the web database and those
> > pages should be generated, not static.  That way, there's no flurry of
> > commits when we desupport major versions.
>
> yes, but that's a much harder patch.

I know ;-)