service outage for tarsus.postgresql.org

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
Hi all!

Following an operating system upgrade we currently experience a system
outage on tarsus.postgresql.org affecting the following services:

* developer.pgadmin.org (pgadmin development system)
* babel.postgresql.org (translation team system)
* faynos.postgresql.org (FTP/APT mirror)

there is no ETA yet for restoring the affected services but we are
working with the hoster to diagnose and fix the problem.

Stefan

Re: service outage for tarsus.postgresql.org

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
On 06/09/2013 10:43 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Following an operating system upgrade we currently experience a system
> outage on tarsus.postgresql.org affecting the following services:
>
> * developer.pgadmin.org (pgadmin development system)
> * babel.postgresql.org (translation team system)
> * faynos.postgresql.org (FTP/APT mirror)
>
> there is no ETA yet for restoring the affected services but we are
> working with the hoster to diagnose and fix the problem.

Thanks to quick responding tech support at rackspace the box is now back
online and all services are restored.

Again we are sorry for the inconvenience and

regards

Stefan

Re: service outage for tarsus.postgresql.org

From
Stephen Frost
Date:
* Stefan Kaltenbrunner (stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc) wrote:
> On 06/09/2013 10:43 PM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> > * developer.pgadmin.org (pgadmin development system)
> > * babel.postgresql.org (translation team system)
> > * faynos.postgresql.org (FTP/APT mirror)

These systems have now, actually, been brought back up.  Apologies for
any confusion- they weren't started on initial boot due to network
issues.

We'll be looking into exactly what happened more tomorrow to try and
work through a proper fix to ensure the system can be rebooted cleanly
in the future.
Thanks,
    Stephen