re-ordering quotes

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

I believe we need to re-order the quotes here:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/quotesarchive/

They start with 8.0 beta or so, and in the end, we have 9.1 -- Receonts
should appear first, I believe.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: re-ordering quotes

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
2012/2/15 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I believe we need to re-order the quotes here:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/quotesarchive/
>
> They start with 8.0 beta or so, and in the end, we have 9.1 -- Receonts
> should appear first, I believe.

Seems reasonable. are you planning to submit a patch? ;)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: re-ordering quotes

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 23:00 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Seems reasonable. are you planning to submit a patch? ;)

I even did not checkout the latest git master yet, after the
switch... ;)

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: re-ordering quotes

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Devrim GÜNDÜZ's message of mié feb 15 19:25:24 -0300 2012:
> On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 23:00 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Seems reasonable. are you planning to submit a patch? ;)
>
> I even did not checkout the latest git master yet, after the
> switch... ;)

Ah, it's going to take you longer, then ;-)

Re: re-ordering quotes

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
2012/2/15 Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>:
> On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 23:00 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Seems reasonable. are you planning to submit a patch? ;)
>
> I even did not checkout the latest git master yet, after the
> switch... ;)

Turns out that's going to be more than a oneliner. Because we don't
actually *track* the submission date of the quotes. so they're just on
there in random order.

So we might want to add a date for that - but then someone has to
figure out how to backdate it somehow. Or just randomly distribute it
or something. Not entirely sure on how to deal with that - once we've
got that sorted, adding a date field should be easy enough...