new git repository request

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Hi,

I have requested a new repository for pgpool-II development a few days
ago and still I see the approved status "no".

Name     Description     gitweb     gitserve     Approved
pgpool2     Pgpool-II - PostgreSQL clustering tool     url     url     No

So my request was not approved or should I wait for more?

best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: new git repository request

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 01:33, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have requested a new repository for pgpool-II development a few days
> ago and still I see the approved status "no".
>
> Name    Description     gitweb  gitserve        Approved
> pgpool2         Pgpool-II - PostgreSQL clustering tool  url     url     No
>
> So my request was not approved or should I wait for more?

Hi!

My bad - the system that notifies of pending approvals is broken, and
I've forgotten to check the queue lately :( I've approved it now,
sorry about the delay.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Date:
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 01:33, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have requested a new repository for pgpool-II development a few days
>> ago and still I see the approved status "no".
>>
>> Name    Description     gitweb  gitserve        Approved
>> pgpool2         Pgpool-II - PostgreSQL clustering tool  url     url     No
>>
>> So my request was not approved or should I wait for more?
>
> Hi!
>
> My bad - the system that notifies of pending approvals is broken, and
> I've forgotten to check the queue lately :( I've approved it now,
> sorry about the delay.

No problem, thanks a lot!
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Re: new git repository request

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Hi Dave,

>> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 01:33, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have requested a new repository for pgpool-II development a few days
>>> ago and still I see the approved status "no".
>>>
>>> Name    Description     gitweb  gitserve        Approved
>>> pgpool2         Pgpool-II - PostgreSQL clustering tool  url     url     No
>>>
>>> So my request was not approved or should I wait for more?
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> My bad - the system that notifies of pending approvals is broken, and
>> I've forgotten to check the queue lately :( I've approved it now,
>> sorry about the delay.
>
> No problem, thanks a lot!

I need to migrate from pgfoundry CVS with all the history retained.  I
have a converted git repository and would like to install to the
repository "pgpool2" you gave me. For this purpose, I tried to ssh to
ishii@git.postgresql.org but I was asked my password although I
already uploaded RSA/DSA public keys to the PostgreSQL community
account several hours ago. Am I missing something?
--

Date:
>>>ago and still I see the approved status "no".<br /> > >>><br /> > >>> Name
 Description    gitweb  gitserve        Approved<br /> > >>> pgpool2         Pgpool-II - PostgreSQL
clusteringtool  url     url     No<br /> > >>><br /> > >>> So my request was not approved or
systemthat notifies of pending approvals is broken, and<br /> > >> I've forgotten to check the queue lately :(
convertedgit repository and would like to install to the<br /> > repository "pgpool2" you gave me. For this purpose,
Itried to ssh to<br /> > <a href="mailto:ishii@git.postgresql.org">ishii@git.postgresql.org</a> but I was asked my
passwordalthough I<br /> > already uploaded RSA/DSA public keys to the PostgreSQL community<br /> > account
severalhours ago. Am I missing something?<p>Yes. You need to use <a
href="mailto:git@git.postgresql.org">git@git.postgresql.org</a>- the system will pick up your id automatically after
that.And you can't say there, only git itself is allowed. <p>/Magnus <br />

Date:
> On Oct 21, 2011 10:03 AM, "Tatsuo Ishii" <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dave,

>   No

>> > No problem, thanks a lot!
>>
>> I need to migrate from pgfoundry CVS with all the history retained.  I
>> have a converted git repository and would like to install to the
>> repository "pgpool2" you gave me. For this purpose, I tried to ssh to
>> ishii@git.postgresql.org but I was asked my password although I
>> already uploaded RSA/DSA public keys to the PostgreSQL community
>> account several hours ago. Am I missing something?
>
> Yes. You need to use git@git.postgresql.org - the system will pick up your
> id automatically after that. And you can't say there, only git itself is
> allowed.

You mean I cannot bring CVS history to git?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Re: new git repository request

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
wrote:<br/> ><br /> > > On Oct 21, 2011 10:03 AM, "Tatsuo Ishii" <<a
/>> >><br /> > >> >> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 01:33, Tatsuo Ishii <<a
days<br/> > >> >>> ago and still I see the approved status "no".<br /> > >> >>><br
/>> >> >>> Name    Description     gitweb  gitserve        Approved<br /> > >> >>>
pgpool2        Pgpool-II - PostgreSQL clustering tool  url     url<br /> > >   No<br /> > >>
thesystem that notifies of pending approvals is broken, and<br /> > >> >> I've forgotten to check the
CVSwith all the history retained.  I<br /> > >> have a converted git repository and would like to install to
the<br/> > >> repository "pgpool2" you gave me. For this purpose, I tried to ssh to<br /> > >> <a
href="mailto:ishii@git.postgresql.org">ishii@git.postgresql.org</a>but I was asked my password although I<br /> >
>>already uploaded RSA/DSA public keys to the PostgreSQL community<br /> > >> account several hours ago.
AmI missing something?<br /> > ><br /> > > Yes. You need to use <a
href="mailto:git@git.postgresql.org">git@git.postgresql.org</a>- the system will pick up your<br /> > > id
meanI cannot bring CVS history to git?<p>Not at all, that works perfectly well. You just need to run the conversation
processsomewhere other than the git server, and then "git push" the result. <p>/Magnus <br />

Date:

> days

>> >   No

> and

>> > Yes. You need to use git@git.postgresql.org - the system will pick up
> your
>> > id automatically after that. And you can't say there, only git itself is
>> > allowed.
>>
>> You mean I cannot bring CVS history to git?
>
> Not at all, that works perfectly well. You just need to run the conversation
> process somewhere other than the git server, and then "git push" the result.

Oh I see. Let me try...
--

Date:

> days

>> >   No

> and

>> > Yes. You need to use git@git.postgresql.org - the system will pick up
> your
>> > id automatically after that. And you can't say there, only git itself is
>> > allowed.
>>
>> You mean I cannot bring CVS history to git?
>
> Not at all, that works perfectly well. You just need to run the conversation
> process somewhere other than the git server, and then "git push" the result.

One question. I would like to create an authoritative pgpool
repository on git.postgresql.org. In my understanding, I need to run:

$ cd somewhere
$ git clone --bare git://git..... pgpool2.git

on git.postgresql.org. How can I do this?
--

Date:
On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 03:37, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

>> days

>> and

>> your
>>>
>>> You mean I cannot bring CVS history to git?
>>
>> Not at all, that works perfectly well. You just need to run the conversation
>> process somewhere other than the git server, and then "git push" the result.
>
> One question. I would like to create an authoritative pgpool
> repository on git.postgresql.org. In my understanding, I need to run:
>
> $ cd somewhere
> $ git clone --bare git://git..... pgpool2.git
>
> on git.postgresql.org. How can I do this?

No need to do any of this. The system has already prepared the
repository for you, you can just clone it. E.g. "git clone
ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgpool2.git". Or you can add that as a
remote and push into it.

(note that it has to be the ssh protocol - the git protocol is only
allowed for pulling, not pushing)

--

Date:
>> One question. I would like to create an authoritative pgpool
>> repository on git.postgresql.org. In my understanding, I need to run:
>>
>> $ cd somewhere
>> $ git clone --bare git://git..... pgpool2.git
>>
>> on git.postgresql.org. How can I do this?
>
> No need to do any of this. The system has already prepared the
> repository for you, you can just clone it. E.g. "git clone
> ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgpool2.git". Or you can add that as a
> remote and push into it.
>
> (note that it has to be the ssh protocol - the git protocol is only
> allowed for pulling, not pushing)

Oh great! I have succeeded in cloning. Thanks!
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese: http://www.sraoss.co.jp

Re: new git repository request

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On 10/24/2011 01:24 AM, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> (note that it has to be the ssh protocol - the git protocol is only
>> allowed for pulling, not pushing)
>
> Oh great! I have succeeded in cloning. Thanks!

We have always wanted another of you around.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

Date:
>>> One question. I would like to create an authoritative pgpool
>>> repository on git.postgresql.org. In my understanding, I need to run:
>>>
>>> $ cd somewhere
>>> $ git clone --bare git://git..... pgpool2.git
>>>
>>> on git.postgresql.org. How can I do this?
>>
>> No need to do any of this. The system has already prepared the
>> repository for you, you can just clone it. E.g. "git clone
>> ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgpool2.git". Or you can add that as a
>> remote and push into it.
>>
>> (note that it has to be the ssh protocol - the git protocol is only
>> allowed for pulling, not pushing)
>
> Oh great! I have succeeded in cloning. Thanks!

I think I need to re-initialize pgpool2.git again because I screwed up
the contens of the repository. The "Delete this repository" link web
gui (https://git.postgresql.org/adm/repo/147/) can be used for this
purpose?
--

Date:
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 12:17, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

>>> No need to do any of this. The system has already prepared the
>>> repository for you, you can just clone it. E.g. "git clone
>>> ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/pgpool2.git". Or you can add that as a
>>> remote and push into it.
>>>
>>> (note that it has to be the ssh protocol - the git protocol is only
>>> allowed for pulling, not pushing)
>>
>> Oh great! I have succeeded in cloning. Thanks!
>
> I think I need to re-initialize pgpool2.git again because I screwed up
> the contens of the repository. The "Delete this repository" link web
> gui (https://git.postgresql.org/adm/repo/147/) can be used for this
> purpose?

Yes, tha tcan be used, and then you re-apply for a new one. Let me
know when you've done that, and I'll make sure it's appoved right
away.

(you need to wait a while before you create the new one - I think half
an hour or so)

--

Date:

>>> Oh great! I have succeeded in cloning. Thanks!
>>
>> I think I need to re-initialize pgpool2.git again because I screwed up
>> the contens of the repository. The "Delete this repository" link web
>> gui (https://git.postgresql.org/adm/repo/147/) can be used for this
>> purpose?
>
> Yes, tha tcan be used, and then you re-apply for a new one. Let me
> know when you've done that, and I'll make sure it's appoved right
> away.
>
> (you need to wait a while before you create the new one - I think half
> an hour or so)

Thank you for your assistance. I'll let you know if I have done it.
This time I would like to make sure that the contents of the
repository to be pushed is sane and it will take a few days.
--

Date:

>>> I think I need to re-initialize pgpool2.git again because I screwed up
>>> the contens of the repository. The "Delete this repository" link web
>>> gui (https://git.postgresql.org/adm/repo/147/) can be used for this
>>> purpose?
>>
>> Yes, tha tcan be used, and then you re-apply for a new one. Let me
>> know when you've done that, and I'll make sure it's appoved right
>> away.
>>
>> (you need to wait a while before you create the new one - I think half
>> an hour or so)
>
> Thank you for your assistance. I'll let you know if I have done it.
> This time I would like to make sure that the contents of the
> repository to be pushed is sane and it will take a few days.

I have just removed pgpool2.git from web interface and re-apply
pgpool2.  Please confirm this. Also I applied other related
repositories pgpool1, pgpooladmin and pgpoolha. Please confirm them as
well.
--

Date:
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 04:47, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

>>> Yes, tha tcan be used, and then you re-apply for a new one. Let me
>>> know when you've done that, and I'll make sure it's appoved right
>>> away.
>>>
>>> (you need to wait a while before you create the new one - I think half
>>> an hour or so)
>>
>> Thank you for your assistance. I'll let you know if I have done it.
>> This time I would like to make sure that the contents of the
>> repository to be pushed is sane and it will take a few days.
>
> I have just removed pgpool2.git from web interface and re-apply
> pgpool2.  Please confirm this. Also I applied other related
> repositories pgpool1, pgpooladmin and pgpoolha. Please confirm them as
> well.

Ok, all approved, should be available in 15 minutes or so.