Issues with pugs site

From
"Nasby, Jim"
Date:
It looks like login functionality is now missing, so I'm not sure how we're supposed to edit stuff.

Also, what's the correct procedure for getting new people setup to edit a PUG site?
--
Jim "Decibel!" Nasby jnasby@EnovaFinancial.com
Primary: 512-569-9461     Backup: 512-579-9024

Re: Issues with pugs site

From
Selena Deckelmann
Login is:

http://pugs.postgresql.org/user/login

Sorry about removing it. I'll add a link to the sidebar once I'm back
in regular internet range. Issue was the widget allows for accounts to
be created, which was causing about 30 accounts per day to be created
by spambots.

-selena

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Nasby, Jim <JNasby@enovafinancial.com> wrote:
> It looks like login functionality is now missing, so I'm not sure how we're supposed to edit stuff.
>
> Also, what's the correct procedure for getting new people setup to edit a PUG site?
> --
> Jim "Decibel!" Nasby jnasby@EnovaFinancial.com
> Primary: 512-569-9461     Backup: 512-579-9024

http://chesnok.com

Re: Issues with pugs site

From
Joe Conway
Date:
On 08/04/2011 05:28 PM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>> Also, what's the correct procedure for getting new people setup to edit a PUG site?

Hi Selena,

I've tried unsuccessfully several times to get myself a login to the PUG
site, so please answer this part of the question too :-)

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

Re: Issues with pugs site

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> On 08/04/2011 05:28 PM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
>>> Also, what's the correct procedure for getting new people setup to edit a PUG site?
>
> Hi Selena,
>
> I've tried unsuccessfully several times to get myself a login to the PUG
> site, so please answer this part of the question too :-)

If you visit that link, you may note that there is a "Create a new
account" link.

Create a new account.

Then let me know that you've created it. You could either post to this
list, or inform me directly.

Then I will link the account to the appropriate permissions so that
you can post updates.

-selena

--
http://chesnok.com

Re: Issues with pugs site

From
Joe Conway
Date:
On 08/05/2011 05:30 AM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

>> Hi Selena,
>>
>> I've tried unsuccessfully several times to get myself a login to the PUG
>> site, so please answer this part of the question too :-)
>
> If you visit that link, you may note that there is a "Create a new
> account" link.
>
> Create a new account.
>
> Then let me know that you've created it. You could either post to this
> list, or inform me directly.
>
> Then I will link the account to the appropriate permissions so that
> you can post updates.

I have tried this at least twice before and sent emails requesting help,
but maybe the third time is a charm ;-)

When I try to log in with the same username and password as everything
else on postgresql.org I get:

-----
The username jconway has not been activated or is blocked.
-----

When I try to create a new login, I get:

-----
The name jconway is already taken.
The e-mail address mail@joeconway.com is already registered. Have you
forgotten your password?
-----

When I request my "forgotten" password"

-----
Sorry, jconway is not recognized as a user name or an email address.
-----

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe

Sorry, mail@joeconway.com is not recognized as a user name or an email
address.

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

Re: Issues with pugs site

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
Hi!

To advertise a meeting you create content of type 'blog'. I am on vacation this week or I would attempt to provide more
detailedinstructions. I will be back at a real computer on Wednesday.

--
Me: http://www.chesnok.com

On Aug 5, 2011, at 12:33 PM, "Wise, Cynthia" <CWise@enovafinancial.com> wrote:

> Selena,
> I can now login too with cindyw, however, I need to edit the austinpug page and don't see any links or way to do so.
> Can you please setup my permissions for editing austinpug ?
>
> Thanks,
> Cindy Wise

Re: Issues with pugs site

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
Hey Joe,

Sorry for not addressing your problem the first two times. I do not recall setting you up with PUGs access in the past,
butmy memory isn't so good either.

What group are you affiliated with? Each PUG is specific to a city or region so in order for you to post, I would have
toknow what city or region you were organizing PUGs for. This is not a general blog service, if that wasn't clear
before.

And, I may not be able to set it up until next week, as I am taking a small vacation.

-Selena

--
Me: http://www.chesnok.com

Date:
On 08/05/2011 11:03 AM, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> What group are you affiliated with? Each PUG is specific to a city or region so in order for you to post, I would
haveto know what city or region you were organizing PUGs for. This is not a general blog service, if that wasn't clear
before.

I set up the San Diego users group (SDPUG) last year in February. We've
held 7 meetings in the past year. See:
   http://www.meetup.com/SD-PUG/

> And, I may not be able to set it up until next week, as I am taking a small vacation.

OK, no problem

Thanks,

Joe

--