Don't have mod on pgsql-announce

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

I'm supposed to be a moderator for pgsql-announce so that I can approve
release announcements and the like.  However, I don't seem to have the
correct permissions:

Showtokens error:
Your request was denied.

An administrative password is required to use the showtokens command.

Can someone fix?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Don't have mod on pgsql-announce

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Josh Berkus's message of mar jul 12 19:32:09 -0400 2011:
> All,
>
> I'm supposed to be a moderator for pgsql-announce so that I can approve
> release announcements and the like.  However, I don't seem to have the
> correct permissions:
>
> Showtokens error:
> Your request was denied.
>
> An administrative password is required to use the showtokens command.

Each single moderation token gives you permission to touch that single
approval email and nothing else.  If you want to moderate other messages
you need to login with your email and password, plus the list address
(or follow the URL in other moderation tokens).  It is not very
intuitive behavior.

Re: Don't have mod on pgsql-announce

From
Joshua Berkus
Date:
Alvaro,

That's what I did.  Apparently josh@agliodbs.com doesn't have moderation permission at all.

Re: Don't have mod on pgsql-announce

From
Joshua Berkus

> That's what I did.  Apparently josh@agliodbs.com doesn't have
> moderation permission at all.

Come to think of it, I really should have full admin on -announce.  Given the number of announcements I send out, I
reallyneed the ability to unsubscribe people with bad email settings (like vacation messages which go to sender, or
invalidaddresses).

--Josh