Obfuscating links by message-id

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
When a post includes a link to a previous post using the message-id
format, it gets mangled.  See this post:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4DE4D407020000250003DF09@gw.wicourts.gov
or if that gets mangled, see this:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-05/msg01613.php
BTW, posts seem to be taking a while to go through today.
-Kevin

Re: Obfuscating links by message-id

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of mar may 31 13:16:43 -0400 2011:
> When a post includes a link to a previous post using the message-id
> format, it gets mangled.  See this post:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4DE4D407020000250003DF09@gw.wicourts.gov

They are mangled when processed for web display; the original mboxes
have them unmangled.  I tweaked (three times now) the code so that it
would only mangle the email addresses, not message-id links, but
evidently that's not working as well as it should.

> BTW, posts seem to be taking a while to go through today.

Yeah, noticed that as well.  Things in hub.org (including the box
holding the mboxes from which we generate web archives) haven't had the
best of their days, today.

Re: Obfuscating links by message-id

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 20:02, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Kevin Grittner's message of mar may 31 13:16:43 -0400 2011:
>> When a post includes a link to a previous post using the message-id
>> format, it gets mangled.  See this post:
>>
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4DE4D407020000250003DF09@gw.wicourts.gov
>
> They are mangled when processed for web display; the original mboxes
> have them unmangled.  I tweaked (three times now) the code so that it
> would only mangle the email addresses, not message-id links, but
> evidently that's not working as well as it should.
>
>> BTW, posts seem to be taking a while to go through today.
>
> Yeah, noticed that as well.  Things in hub.org (including the box
> holding the mboxes from which we generate web archives) haven't had the
> best of their days, today.

It's better than yesterday.

Marc had some hardware issues, so I epxect the stuff he's been
migrating around simply doesn't have full capacity. He's sitll working
on it, so it'll hopefully be back to normal in not-too-long.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/