anoncvs.postgresql.org not responding (again)

Date:
Links from pre-git commit messages in the pgsql-committers archives
aren't working today.
        regards, tom lane

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org not responding (again)

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Marc?

FYI to Tom - anoncvs is on one of Marcs boxes, and he doesn't read
-www, so you might want to CC him directly on reports of it for
quicker response-times.

/Magnus

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 18:11, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Links from pre-git commit messages in the pgsql-committers archives
> aren't working today.

 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org not responding (again)

From
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Date:

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org not responding (again)

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

>> FYI to Tom - anoncvs is on one of Marcs boxes, and he doesn't read
>> -www, so you might want to CC him directly on reports of it for
>> quicker response-times.
>
> I've said this before, but since Marc is such an important part
> of the infrastructure, shouldn't he be subscribed?

Yes.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org not responding (again)

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>> I've said this before, but since Marc is such an important part
>> of the infrastructure, shouldn't he be subscribed?
>
> Yes.

Or, perhaps, turn over those bits of infrastructure to someone who is.

--
Robert Haas

Date:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>> I've said this before, but since Marc is such an important part
>>> of the infrastructure, shouldn't he be subscribed?
>>
>> Yes.
>
> Or, perhaps, turn over those bits of infrastructure to someone who is.

We've been trying to get that done for years.

--

Date:

Date:

Date:
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

>> I don't think subscribing someone to one of our lists without their
>> consent is appropriate.
>
> Surely more appropriate than, say, forcibly ripping control of services
> from him via DNS changes?

Well obviously, but I'm not doing that either.

--

Date:
On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:

>>> Yes.
>
> Allow me to rephrase. Could one of the admins of the -www list please
> subscribe Marc? Thanks.

I don't think subscribing someone to one of our lists without their
consent is appropriate.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: anoncvs.postgresql.org not responding (again)

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from Greg Sabino Mullane's message of sáb abr 09 14:34:48 UTC 2011:

> > FYI to Tom - anoncvs is on one of Marcs boxes, and he doesn't read
> > -www, so you might want to CC him directly on reports of it for
> > quicker response-times.
>
> I've said this before, but since Marc is such an important part
> of the infrastructure, shouldn't he be subscribed?

I think we should have a different list for general public sysadmin-type
stuff ("server foo seems down", "scheduled downtime for server bar",
etc).  It is clearly off-charter for pgsql-www, which should be just
for, hrm, www-related things.