tarball/rsync archive with developer docs?

From
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Date:
hi,
is there anywhere tarball with developer docs? or even better - access
to built developer docs via rsync?

I mean these docs: http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/

I can't build them myself, so I need a way to get newest version, and
wgeting site is not what I would call simple :)

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

Re: tarball/rsync archive with developer docs?

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 09:23 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> is there anywhere tarball with developer docs? or even better - access
> to built developer docs via rsync?
>
> I mean these docs: http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/
>
> I can't build them myself, so I need a way to get newest version, and
> wgeting site is not what I would call simple :)

I build PDF documents in about 10 minutes -- probably better than HTML
docs, at least for me.

./configure
cd doc/src/sgml
make postgres-A4.pdf

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
Command Prompt - http://www.CommandPrompt.com

Date:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:43:50AM +0200, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 09:23 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > is there anywhere tarball with developer docs? or even better - access
> > to built developer docs via rsync?
> >
> > I mean these docs: http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/
> >
> > I can't build them myself, so I need a way to get newest version, and
> > wgeting site is not what I would call simple :)
>
> I build PDF documents in about 10 minutes -- probably better than HTML
> docs, at least for me.
>
> ./configure
> cd doc/src/sgml
> make postgres-A4.pdf

but i can't make the docs. i wrote about it to list, to stackoverflow,
and to arch linux forum.

so, skipping "build the docs" (which i can't) - is there a way to
download them?

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

Re: tarball/rsync archive with developer docs?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On fre, 2009-11-13 at 09:23 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> is there anywhere tarball with developer docs?

You can get the source snapshot, which contains the built documentation:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/snapshot/dev/

Date:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 02:04:56PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> On fre, 2009-11-13 at 09:23 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > is there anywhere tarball with developer docs?
>
> You can get the source snapshot, which contains the built documentation:
> ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/snapshot/dev/

great. that would work. thanks.
on the other hand - if there was something that wouldn't "force" me to
re-fetch 12 mb every time i build HEAD - it would be absolutely great.

Perhaps it would be possible to influence whoever can to setup rsync
access to docs directory?

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

Re: tarball/rsync archive with developer docs?

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 11:50 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> so, skipping "build the docs" (which i can't) - is there a way to
> download them?

http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/8.5/postgresql-8.5alpha2-A4.pdf

is 8.5 Alpha2 PDF. (Also there is -US version, too). This is the latest
version that I uploaded to website.

Hope this helps.
--

Date:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 06:31:00PM +0200, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 2009-11-13 at 11:50 +0100, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > so, skipping "build the docs" (which i can't) - is there a way to
> > download them?
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/files/documentation/pdf/8.5/postgresql-8.5alpha2-A4.pdf
> is 8.5 Alpha2 PDF. (Also there is -US version, too). This is the latest
> version that I uploaded to website.

and this is pretty old - at least from perspective of guy that runs CVS
HEAD refreshed every 2-3 days :)

Best regards,

depesz