Patch for alpha page

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
WWW team,

Attached is a patch for alpha.html for the alpha release tommorrow.
Ideally, it should be in place after the tarballs are copied to public
FTP, but before Peter makes his announcement.

(as usual for me, the patch root is template/)

Can a committer on WWW step up to this?

--Josh Berkus

Attachment

Re: Patch for alpha page

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> WWW team,
>
> Attached is a patch for alpha.html for the alpha release tommorrow.
> Ideally, it should be in place after the tarballs are copied to public
> FTP, but before Peter makes his announcement.
>
> (as usual for me, the patch root is template/)
>
> Can a committer on WWW step up to this?

When were the tarballs moved onto the ftp site? We need to add 24
hours to that to allow them to get onto the mirrors.

--
Dave Page
PGDay.EU 2009 Conference: http://2009.pgday.eu/start

Re: Patch for alpha page

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 10:45 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> WWW team,
>>
>> Attached is a patch for alpha.html for the alpha release tommorrow.
>> Ideally, it should be in place after the tarballs are copied to public
>> FTP, but before Peter makes his announcement.
>>
>> (as usual for me, the patch root is template/)
>>
>> Can a committer on WWW step up to this?
>
> When were the tarballs moved onto the ftp site? We need to add 24
> hours to that to allow them to get onto the mirrors.

Oh, and the web update is staged at
http://dave.webdev.postgresql.org/developer/alpha if you wish to check
it. I took the liberty of fixing the link text for the release notes.

--
Dave Page
PGDay.EU 2009 Conference: http://2009.pgday.eu/start

Re: Patch for alpha page

From
Rafael Martinez
Dave Page wrote:

> Oh, and the web update is staged at
> http://dave.webdev.postgresql.org/developer/alpha if you wish to check
> it. I took the liberty of fixing the link text for the release notes.

Hello

The link in this page to the 8.5 alpha release notes goes to
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8.5.html

but the release notes for alpha2 er under:
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8-5.html

At release-8.5.html you find only the release notes for alpha 1.

regards
- --Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>Center for Information Technology ServicesUniversity of Oslo, Norway
PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/

Re: Patch for alpha page

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Rafael Martinez
<r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>

>> Oh, and the web update is staged at
>> http://dave.webdev.postgresql.org/developer/alpha if you wish to check
>> it. I took the liberty of fixing the link text for the release notes.
>>

> Hello
>
> The link in this page to the 8.5 alpha release notes goes to
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8.5.html
>
> but the release notes for alpha2 er under:
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8-5.html
>
> At release-8.5.html you find only the release notes for alpha 1.

Well spotted - fixed :-)

Peter/Josh - any reason for that change?

--
Dave Page
PGDay.EU 2009 Conference: http://2009.pgday.eu/start

Re: Patch for alpha page

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 09:34 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> > The link in this page to the 8.5 alpha release notes goes to
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8.5.html
> >
> > but the release notes for alpha2 er under:
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-8-5.html
> >
> > At release-8.5.html you find only the release notes for alpha 1.
>
> Well spotted - fixed :-)
>
> Peter/Josh - any reason for that change?

Yes, all the previous releases used the same scheme.

Re: Patch for alpha page

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On tor, 2009-10-22 at 08:57 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> When were the tarballs moved onto the ftp site? We need to add 24
> hours to that to allow them to get onto the mirrors.

Perhaps you could remind us how exactly one moves things onto the ftp
site and when you can expect it to show up where afterwards.  I moved
the file to the ~ftp directory on svr1 this morning.  Not sure if that
did it.

Re: Patch for alpha page

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On tor, 2009-10-22 at 08:57 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> When were the tarballs moved onto the ftp site? We need to add 24
>> hours to that to allow them to get onto the mirrors.
>
> Perhaps you could remind us how exactly one moves things onto the ftp
> site and when you can expect it to show up where afterwards.  I moved
> the file to the ~ftp directory on svr1 this morning.  Not sure if that
> did it.

Somebody has done it. The files just need to be moved under
/var/spool/ftp/pub, from there they'll sync automatically to
ftp.postgresql.org (which happens every 6 hours by default), and from
there to the rest of the mirrors which are supposed to sync at least
daily.