PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
Hi w^3 people,

Would it be possible to have a mailing list for the nascent Irish PUG?

I'm not sure what the convention is, but maybe pug-ie@postgresql.org?

Thanks,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: PUG-IE

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi w^3 people,
>
> Would it be possible to have a mailing list for the nascent Irish PUG?
>
> I'm not sure what the convention is, but maybe pug-ie@postgresql.org?

Probably iepug@pg.org.  Marc?

Re: PUG-IE

From
Greg Stark
Date:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> Hi w^3 people,
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a mailing list for the nascent Irish PUG?
>>
>> I'm not sure what the convention is, but maybe pug-ie@postgresql.org?
>
> Probably iepug@pg.org.  Marc?

If it wouldn't make all the non-dubliners sad I would suggest
something like dubpug which has a pretty cool ring to it.

--
greg

Re: PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 17/10/2009 01:13, Greg Stark wrote:

> If it wouldn't make all the non-dubliners sad I would suggest
> something like dubpug which has a pretty cool ring to it.

Heh heh - sounds rather good alright.... however, considering that 50%
of the those who have expressed interest so far live west of the
Shannon, I think something a bit more inclusive would be good. :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 17/10/2009 11:15, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 17/10/2009 01:13, Greg Stark wrote:
>
>> If it wouldn't make all the non-dubliners sad I would suggest
>> something like dubpug which has a pretty cool ring to it.
>
> Heh heh - sounds rather good alright.... however, considering that 50%
> of the those who have expressed interest so far live west of the
> Shannon, I think something a bit more inclusive would be good. :-)

How about PUGIE? :-P

Ray (not completely serious).

rod@iol.ie

Re: PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 16/10/2009 19:59, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>> Hi w^3 people,
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a mailing list for the nascent Irish PUG?
>>
>> I'm not sure what the convention is, but maybe pug-ie@postgresql.org?
>
> Probably iepug@pg.org.  Marc?

Hi again all,

Any chance of that list? - without meaning to be pushy. :-)

iepug@ is fine with me.

We're emailing each other directly at the moment, which is fine with
just five people as it stands, but if any more people get involved it'll
get a bit unwieldy.

Thanks in advance!

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: PUG-IE

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Raymond,

> We're emailing each other directly at the moment, which is fine with
> just five people as it stands, but if any more people get involved it'll
> get a bit unwieldy.

FWIW, the project (SPI actually) owns postgresql.ie, if you guys ever
get around to setting up a web site.

--Josh Berkus

Re: PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 21/10/2009 22:42, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Raymond,
>
>> We're emailing each other directly at the moment, which is fine with
>> just five people as it stands, but if any more people get involved it'll
>> get a bit unwieldy.
>
> FWIW, the project (SPI actually) owns postgresql.ie, if you guys ever
> get around to setting up a web site.

Good to know - thanks Josh!

Ray.

--

Date:
On 21/10/2009 22:42, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Raymond,
>
>> We're emailing each other directly at the moment, which is fine with
>> just five people as it stands, but if any more people get involved it'll
>> get a bit unwieldy.
>
> FWIW, the project (SPI actually) owns postgresql.ie, if you guys ever
> get around to setting up a web site.

Out of curiosity I just did a whois via the IE Domain Registry website,
and the domain postgresql.ie is coming up as not registered:

http://www.domainregistry.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?whois=postgresql.ie&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

Did someone forget to pay the renewal fee? :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: PUG-IE

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 21/10/2009 22:42, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Raymond,
>>
>>> We're emailing each other directly at the moment, which is fine with
>>> just five people as it stands, but if any more people get involved it'll
>>> get a bit unwieldy.
>>
>> FWIW, the project (SPI actually) owns postgresql.ie, if you guys ever
>> get around to setting up a web site.
>
> Out of curiosity I just did a whois via the IE Domain Registry website,
> and the domain postgresql.ie is coming up as not registered:
>
> http://www.domainregistry.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?whois=postgresql.ie&Search.x=0&Search.y=0
>
> Did someone forget to pay the renewal fee? :-)

Actually I'm pretty sure that .ie was one of the ones we *didn't* buy.

--
Dave Page
PGDay.EU 2009 Conference: http://2009.pgday.eu/start

Re: PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 22/10/2009 08:56, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 10:54 PM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
>> On 21/10/2009 22:42, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Raymond,

>>> FWIW, the project (SPI actually) owns postgresql.ie, if you guys ever
>>> get around to setting up a web site.
>> Out of curiosity I just did a whois via the IE Domain Registry website,
>> and the domain postgresql.ie is coming up as not registered:
>>
>> http://www.domainregistry.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?whois=postgresql.ie&Search.x=0&Search.y=0
>>
>> Did someone forget to pay the renewal fee? :-)
>
> Actually I'm pretty sure that .ie was one of the ones we *didn't* buy.

Any objections if I register it? - Or is there a protocol within the
community for this sort of thing?

I don't imagine that we'll be having a website any time soon, but it's
no harm to get hold of the domain anyway.

Ray.

--

Date:
On 10/22/09, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 22/10/2009 08:56, Dave Page wrote:

>>> Out of curiosity I just did a whois via the IE Domain Registry website,
>>> and the domain postgresql.ie is coming up as not registered:
>>>
>>> http://www.domainregistry.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?whois=postgresql.ie&Search.x=0&Search.y=0
>>>
>>> Did someone forget to pay the renewal fee? :-)
>>
>> Actually I'm pretty sure that .ie was one of the ones we *didn't* buy.
>
> Any objections if I register it? - Or is there a protocol within the
> community for this sort of thing?
>
> I don't imagine that we'll be having a website any time soon, but it's
> no harm to get hold of the domain anyway.
>
> Ray.

Go ahead.

--

Date:
On 22/10/2009 19:46, Dave Page wrote:
> On 10/22/09, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
>> Any objections if I register it? - Or is there a protocol within the
>> community for this sort of thing?
>
> Go ahead.

The application is in, so I should hear in a few days if it's been
successful.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: PUG-IE

From
Thom Brown
Date:
2009/10/23 Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>:

> The application is in, so I should hear in a few days if it's been
> successful.
>
> Ray.

It's certainly preferrable that a community member registers it rather
than a cybersquatter.

Unfortunately, that's what's happened to postgresql.co.uk.  Even
though no-one's going to hand over loads of money for that domain
name, they'll sit on it nonetheless meaning it will just go to waste.
Although I'm not sure what we'd use it for anyway, at least not at the
moment.

One domain I do miss, however, is postgresqlforums.com.  It was
managed by an apparently very knowledgable guy who went by the name
wagnerch.  If we ever did want forums back, we might end up with
forum.postgresql.org anyway.... I've gone off track here.

Thom

Re: PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 21/10/2009 20:29, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 16/10/2009 19:59, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>>> Hi w^3 people,
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to have a mailing list for the nascent Irish PUG?
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what the convention is, but maybe pug-ie@postgresql.org?
>> Probably iepug@pg.org.  Marc?
>
> Hi again all,
>
> Any chance of that list? - without meaning to be pushy. :-)
>
> iepug@ is fine with me.
>
> We're emailing each other directly at the moment, which is fine with
> just five people as it stands, but if any more people get involved it'll
> get a bit unwieldy.

Hello? Anyone?

Thanks,

Ray,

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: PUG-IE

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
Hey Marc -- can you please set up iepug@postgresql.org.

Thanks,
selena

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:
> On 21/10/2009 20:29, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

>>> Probably iepug@pg.org.  Marc?
>>
>> Hi again all,
>>
>> Any chance of that list? - without meaning to be pushy. :-)
>>
>> iepug@ is fine with me.
>>
>> We're emailing each other directly at the moment, which is fine with
>> just five people as it stands, but if any more people get involved it'll
>> get a bit unwieldy.
>

> Hello? Anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray,
>
> --
> Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
> rod@iol.ie

http://chesnok.com/daily - me
http://endpoint.com - work

Re: PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 29/10/2009 14:49, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> Hey Marc -- can you please set up iepug@postgresql.org.

Thanks for that, Selena - I should have added that I'm happy to be list
owner/maintainer/whatever.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: PUG-IE

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:
Done .. Rod set as owner ...

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Selena Deckelmann wrote:

> Hey Marc -- can you please set up iepug@postgresql.org.
>
> Thanks,
> selena
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 7:03 AM, Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie> wrote:

>>> Hi again all,
>>>
>>> Any chance of that list? - without meaning to be pushy. :-)
>>>
>>> iepug@ is fine with me.
>>>
>>> We're emailing each other directly at the moment, which is fine with
>>> just five people as it stands, but if any more people get involved it'll
>>> get a bit unwieldy.
>>

>> Hello? Anyone?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ray,
>>
>> --
>> Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
>> rod@iol.ie
>>
>> --

> http://chesnok.com/daily - me
> http://endpoint.com - work

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: PUG-IE

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 29/10/2009 15:15, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Done .. Rod set as owner ...

Thanks Marc!

Ray.