Copy/paste error in website overhaul requirements

From
Guillaume Smet
Date:
Hi,

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Website_Overhaul_Requirements

"Use of the official *Slonik* logo, adhering to its color scheme as
closely as possible"
I'm pretty sure that's not what we want :).

Guillaume

Re: Copy/paste error in website overhaul requirements

From
Dave Page
Date:
On 5/10/09, Guillaume Smet <guillaume_ml@smet.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Website_Overhaul_Requirements
>
> "Use of the official *Slonik* logo, adhering to its color scheme as
> closely as possible"
> I'm pretty sure that's not what we want :).

Err, yes it is. We don't want to change the logo or use of blue,
except for minimal artistic tweaks as require to fit with the design.

--
Dave Page

Date:
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Guillaume Smet <guillaume_ml@smet.org> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> On 5/10/09, Guillaume Smet <guillaume_ml@smet.org> wrote:
>>> "Use of the official *Slonik* logo, adhering to its color scheme as
>                        ^^^^^^^^
>
> s/Slonik/PostgreSQL/ ?
>
> That's the problem I reported. The general idea is OK.

Slonik is the name of the elephant.

--
Dave Page

Re: Copy/paste error in website overhaul requirements

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On Sunday 10 May 2009 13:48:45 Dave Page wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Guillaume Smet <guillaume_ml@smet.org>
wrote:
> > Dave Page a écrit :
> >
> >                        ^^^^^^^^
> >
> > s/Slonik/PostgreSQL/ ?
> >
> > That's the problem I reported. The general idea is OK.
>
> Slonik is the name of the elephant.

For outsiders (which you are trying to recruit here, after all), you may want
to clarify that on the wiki page.

Date:
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Sunday 10 May 2009 13:48:45 Dave Page wrote:
>> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Guillaume Smet <guillaume_ml@smet.org>
> wrote:
>> >
>> >                        ^^^^^^^^
>> >
>> > s/Slonik/PostgreSQL/ ?
>> >
>> > That's the problem I reported. The general idea is OK.
>>
>> Slonik is the name of the elephant.
>
> For outsiders (which you are trying to recruit here, after all), you may want
> to clarify that on the wiki page.

Done.

--
Dave Page

Date:
On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Guillaume Smet <guillaume_ml@smet.org> wrote:

> I still think we should make it clearer. I don't see the point of giving
> the elephant name while it's not referenced anywhere else (even on the
> logo page http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo ): it only adds confusion
> IMHO.

It does now - and http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Identity_Guidelines
always did.

I've clarified the requirements page.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page

Date:

Date:
Dave Page a écrit :
> Slonik is the name of the elephant.

Mmmmmh. If it's not clear for me, I'm pretty sure it won't be clear for
most non-PostgreSQL people interested in this contest which are not
aware of the little name of the elephant.

Note that if people google for Slonik, they will find the Slony-I
website and other non related pages.

I still think we should make it clearer. I don't see the point of giving
the elephant name while it's not referenced anywhere else (even on the
logo page http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo ): it only adds confusion
IMHO.

I suggest to simply remove it or change it to "official PostgreSQL logo".
If you really want to use "Slonik logo", we should be consistent and
have the link at the bottom of the page mention "Official Slonik logo".

IMHO, for a public contest, we should really avoid usage of internal