planet.postgresql.org questions

From
hubert depesz lubaczewski
Date:
hi,
two simple questions about planet.postgresql.org:
1. there is no contact email/form on the site - is it intentional? it
really puzzles me, as i have absolutely no idea where to send questions
regarding it. i'm sending here out of lack of other options.

2. list of blogs include mine, but (for some reason) it doesn't show posts from my blog. why?

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

Re: planet.postgresql.org questions

From
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Date:
hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> hi,
> two simple questions about planet.postgresql.org:
> 1. there is no contact email/form on the site - is it intentional? it
> really puzzles me, as i have absolutely no idea where to send questions
> regarding it. i'm sending here out of lack of other options.

hmm I thought we had a similiar footer on that page to what we have on
the main website. This certainly needs to get improved - however asking
here is the right thing to do.

> 2. list of blogs include mine, but (for some reason) it doesn't show posts from my blog. why?

this seems to be caused by the fact that the aggregator tries to fetch
your feed from http://www.depesz.com/index.php/tag/postgresql/feed/rss2
which is returning a permanent redirect to
http://www.depesz.com/index.php/tag/postgresql/feed/ that the aggregator
is not following.

Stefan

Re: planet.postgresql.org questions

From
Selena Deckelmann
Date:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Stefan Kaltenbrunner
<stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> wrote:
> hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:

>> 2. list of blogs include mine, but (for some reason) it doesn't show posts
>> from my blog. why?
>
> this seems to be caused by the fact that the aggregator tries to fetch your
> feed from http://www.depesz.com/index.php/tag/postgresql/feed/rss2 which is
> returning a permanent redirect to
> http://www.depesz.com/index.php/tag/postgresql/feed/ that the aggregator is
> not following.

I updated the feed URL.

Should start picking up the blog posts in the next 15 minutes or so.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
Open Source Bridge - http://www.opensourcebridge.org

Re: planet.postgresql.org questions

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 18:55 +0100, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:

> > 2. list of blogs include mine, but (for some reason) it doesn't show posts from my blog. why?
>
> this seems to be caused by the fact that the aggregator tries to fetch
> your feed from http://www.depesz.com/index.php/tag/postgresql/feed/rss2
> which is returning a permanent redirect to
> http://www.depesz.com/index.php/tag/postgresql/feed/ that the aggregator
> is not following.

I believe if you have a community account you can adjust your feed...

http://planet.postgresql.org/register/login/?next=/register/

If you don't have a community account:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/signup

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997

Date:
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:04:19AM -0800, Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> > this seems to be caused by the fact that the aggregator tries to fetch your
> > feed from http://www.depesz.com/index.php/tag/postgresql/feed/rss2 which is
> > returning a permanent redirect to
> > http://www.depesz.com/index.php/tag/postgresql/feed/ that the aggregator is
> > not following.

ouch, didn't know it could be a problem.

> I updated the feed URL.
> Should start picking up the blog posts in the next 15 minutes or so.

thanks a lot.

Best regards,

depesz

--
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/depesz  /  blog: http://www.depesz.com/
jid/gtalk: depesz@depesz.com / aim:depeszhdl / skype:depesz_hdl / gg:6749007

Re: planet.postgresql.org questions

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
>> hi,
>> two simple questions about planet.postgresql.org:
>> 1. there is no contact email/form on the site - is it intentional? it
>> really puzzles me, as i have absolutely no idea where to send questions
>> regarding it. i'm sending here out of lack of other options.
>
> hmm I thought we had a similiar footer on that page to what we have on
> the main website. This certainly needs to get improved - however asking
> here is the right thing to do.

I've added an email contact link in the righthand bar - much more likely
to be seen than in the footer of such a long page.

//Magnus