New PUG: RGNPUG

From
David Fetter
Date:
Folks,

There's a new PUG which needs a new mailing list: RGNPUG.  It's
located near the aforementioned airport code, and it needs a mailing
list and a hunk of the PUGs web site.  Oh, and a "push-pin" on our map :)

The administrator (to start) is:

Ye Yint Min Thu Htut <rolancross@gmail.com>

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: New PUG: RGNPUG

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 07:50 -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There's a new PUG which needs a new mailing list: RGNPUG.  It's
> located near the aforementioned airport code, and it needs a mailing
> list and a hunk of the PUGs web site.  Oh, and a "push-pin" on our map :)

Wow... Very cool!

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL  Consulting, Development, Support, Training  503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/  The PostgreSQL
Company,serving since 1997

Re: New PUG: RGNPUG

From
"Selena Deckelmann"
Date:
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 7:50 AM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:

> There's a new PUG which needs a new mailing list: RGNPUG.  It's
> located near the aforementioned airport code, and it needs a mailing
> list and a hunk of the PUGs web site.  Oh, and a "push-pin" on our map :)

Done!  'rolancross' now has blog access to post for RGNPUG and
push-pin is added.

-selena

--
Selena Deckelmann
Open Source Bridge - http://www.opensourcebridge.org

Re: New PUG: RGNPUG

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
David Fetter wrote:
> Folks,
>
> There's a new PUG which needs a new mailing list: RGNPUG.  It's
> located near the aforementioned airport code, and it needs a mailing
> list and a hunk of the PUGs web site.  Oh, and a "push-pin" on our map :)

It would be good to have a list name to add to The Database.

It's this one, right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangon_International_Airport

I'm not sure if we can handle the Burmese name.  Should we just use
"Mingaladon"?

Re: New PUG: RGNPUG

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 08:34:40AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> David Fetter wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > There's a new PUG which needs a new mailing list: RGNPUG.  It's
> > located near the aforementioned airport code, and it needs a
> > mailing list and a hunk of the PUGs web site.  Oh, and a
> > "push-pin" on our map :)
>
> It would be good to have a list name to add to The Database.
>
> It's this one, right?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangon_International_Airport
>
> I'm not sure if we can handle the Burmese name.  Should we just use
> "Mingaladon"?

They've requested RGNPUG for reasons that doubtless seem very good to
them :)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: New PUG: RGNPUG

From
"Marc G. Fournier"
Date:

Re: New PUG: RGNPUG

From
David Fetter
Date:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:37:45AM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

Remember to vote!

Re: New PUG: RGNPUG

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
David Fetter wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 08:34:40AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > It would be good to have a list name to add to The Database.
> >
> > It's this one, right?
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yangon_International_Airport
> >
> > I'm not sure if we can handle the Burmese name.  Should we just use
> > "Mingaladon"?
>
> They've requested RGNPUG for reasons that doubtless seem very good to
> them :)

Sure.  I still need a name to add it to the database that ends up in the
archives.  Can you please request one?  Typically we have a long name,
which is what's on the first itemized line
here http://archives.postgresql.org/adelaide-au-pug/
and a short name, which is not yet used anywhere but will appear on the
left-hand menu on the same page (so about 10-14 chars max, I think); it
looks like "Adelaide, AU" normally.