FAQ_DEV on RPMs pointless?

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Is there any reason we document "how we build RPMs"?  It doesn't seem to
offer any advice for prospective developers.  Moreover, I have never
seen this question asked, so I don't see how it qualifies for this doc.

Is there any objection on removing it altogether?

If someone is interested in keeping this info alive, perhaps he or she
could move it into a separate article on the Wiki.

Re: FAQ_DEV on RPMs pointless?

Date:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Is there any reason we document "how we build RPMs"?  It doesn't seem to
> offer any advice for prospective developers.  Moreover, I have never
> seen this question asked, so I don't see how it qualifies for this doc.
>
> Is there any objection on removing it altogether?

Yes, please remove it.  I always found it odd it was in our FAQ.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: FAQ_DEV on RPMs pointless?

From
Greg Smith
Date:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Is there any reason we document "how we build RPMs"?

It's somewhat interesting if you roll your own packages to know how the
official ones come about.

> If someone is interested in keeping this info alive, perhaps he or she
> could move it into a separate article on the Wiki.

Done:  moved that section to a new "RPM Building" page, then pulled it out
of the developer's FAQ on the wiki.